Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Software Application Manager
Hire & Lead a team of talented, dynamic and passionate software engineers, working with key architects, product managers, and other stakeholders delivering a new generation of on-demand Enterprise Financial Management solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses. The team’s overall goal will be to accelerate the delivery of financial features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expects from Workday applications.
Workday is unique in that it builds enterprise software in the cloud on a single codeline through a continuous development model allowing for rapid delivery of our software to our customers. As an engineering manager, you will be guiding your team adapting to the latest cloud computing technologies such as Elastic Cloud (EC2) integrations and Big Data analytics.
Workday prides itself on both employee and customer satisfaction. Although both are mutually exclusive, they contribute largely to the Workday success story, winning employer of the year awards yearly and constantly hitting unprecedented high levels of customer satisfaction with Quality being the rock solid cornerstone of our business. As a manager, you will contribute and safeguarding these satisfaction levels along with promoting the organization’s goals and guiding engineers on their career growth path.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines, be passionate about building high quality enterprise applications and be innovative in their ideas from a technical, process and relations point of view.
· 5+ years managing development teams of 6 - 15 engineers,
· 8+ years commercial enterprise software experience
· Experience with agile development methodologies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to learn quickly
· Assist direct reports with career growth and personal development
· Work closely with Product Management to determine release scope and to ensure that features meet requirements
· Track feature progress to completion
· Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle
· Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best practices
· BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Learn more about development at Workday:
Workday's Technology Platform and Development Process (whitepaper): http://bit.ly/wdaytechdev
Winners of Best Place to work in Ireland:
Our Core Values:
Want to know more? Click "apply now" above to get in touch with our hiring teams!