We are Nortal, a strategy and technology company crafting a brighter tomorrow for people in nearly 20 countries across Europe, Middle East and Africa, and North America. We work to build a seamless society that stands on three pillars: e-government - Ease of Doing Business, Public Finance Management, and Electronic Identity, e-health - Digital Healthcare, enterprise - Data Protection, Big Data Analytics, Revenue Science, and Industry 4.0. We live by Teamwork, Constant Improvement, Meaningful Impact, and Openness and Honesty.
We have more than 150 ongoing projects and many of our customers have been with us for a long time. We’ve enabled Nigeria to save more than 7.5 billion euros by leveraging strategy and technology to implement the single treasury account for the country, plus propelled Oman for an unprecedented 127 places leap in the Ease of Doing Business Ranking of the World Bank's annual Doing Business. We are a real catalyst for growth in the digital economy by transforming the way businesses operate, improving local business climate by spearheading impactful e-government initiatives.
We are searching an IT Service Delivery and Transition Manager to join us in Muscat, Oman, ready to start in Q3 of 2018.
- You will define, design and execute the Managed Services transition plan to move the vendor’s based MO to the client’s internal team.
- Service management:
- Maintain high performing service support functions including an IT Service Desk
- Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
- Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Release and deployment management including coordination between multiple delivery teams, validation and testing
Develop and execute the detailed transition plan to handover the applications support from the external software development vendor to the in-house Managed Operations Team
Define and implement the incident and problem management processes
Support the target team recruitment process defining the skillset, structure and responsibilities,
Defining the trainings and knowledge transfer plan
Performance and quality:
Effectively deliver/manage Staff Management including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment
Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance
- ITIL Qualified
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or demonstrable experience in building and leading teams
- Previous experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- C1 level English (Arabic will be an advantage)
- Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
- Open to shift and out of hours working
- Strong understanding of software delivery life cycle, Java Enterprise technology stack, JIRA suite
Compensation and benefits
- The compensation and benefits are structured as salary topped by yearly bonus, family private travel/life/medical insurance, 30 days yearly vacation, end of service gratuity, and others (e.g. housing, transportation, yearly quota for plane tickets).
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. We think of our team members as an extended family and work to foster an environment that benefits our workforce and generates personal and professional innovation. With opportunities around the world, and an average tenure of 7 years in our Middle East and Africa team, we’re fuelled by collaboration and our desire to make the world a better place.
Ready to further your international career, or interested in more info? Reach Lucian Ivan on email@example.com , +40 762 285676.
Research us and read more about us on our Blog.