What you’ll be doing …#LI-JW1
The Sales Consultant has a specialized focus on and skills with deep technical
proof points, including business intelligence, complex data sources and ETL.
This Sales Consultant is the key technical point of contact for all Commercial
deals at Tableau specializing in deals involving complex data. The Sales
Consultant participates in data acquisition and transformation delivery and
may provide oversight and technical checkpoints to enforce standards and
quality of BI solutions. Researches new technologies, tools and methodologies
as they emerge that may be applicable. The solutions consultant provides sales
consulting pre-sales support contributing towards the successful conversion of
prospects to customers and engages customers to nurture repeat purchases.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Work with prospect’s data to deliver world-class product demonstrations
- Provide strategic pre-sales support for sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations and other general sales support
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Tableau’s products
- Drive all aspects of successful Proof of Concepts from requirements and design to training and delivery
- Communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and web meetings with prospects assisting and guiding them through the evaluation and selection process
- Communicate daily with sales staff regarding sales activities and strategies
- Educate and train the sales force in the features and use of Tableau and ETL products
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
- Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
- Support all strategic deals involving complex data and/or data sources
- Provide ETL support and skills on strategic proof of concepts
- Backup the technical support staff as needed
Who you are…
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Experienced. 5 or more years’ experience in a Sales Engineer/ Sales Consulting role. This includes 3 or more years’ experience with business intelligence
- Highly Technical. You have strong technical skills across various technologies & impeccable business acumen. Experience with SQL or MDX (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Analysis Services, Essbase, Netezza, etc.). Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, Data Integrator, Data Transformation Services, etc.) a strong plus
- A True Team Player. You’re the best at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues to get their best.
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- Conviction and Commitment. You have an unshakable belief that Tableau’s products will improve the world – one person at a time. Once you get it, you go all the way.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. You believe in what we’re doing and won’t stop at anything to deliver on your goals.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.