Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
About the role
Has the ongoing responsibility for Business Identity Data Engineering, ensuring the consistent operation of our UK & Ireland Data Management Systems, developing new innovative processes to more efficiently and effectively manage content and execute the content improvement plans.
Will be expected to deliver data engineering solutions as part of a team of skilled Data Engineers, developing and maintaining the architecture of the UK & Ireland Identity Data Management System; continually reviewing to develop new innovative processes, streamline existing processes and ensure we are maximising value from all of our data sources.
Works collaboratively with the Data Analysts and Data Engineering Project Consultants to own the UK and Ireland Identity Data and ensure the team are able to achieve Data Strategy goals.
- BAU operations of the Data Management System; ensuring that process and procedures run as expected and that any bugs are fixed in a timely manner with business-critical processes being prioritised
- Architecting solutions within the Data Management Ecosystem; Design, develop and test fit for purpose, resilient, scalable and future-proof data services. Has a demonstrable understanding of how to expose data from systems (for example, through APIs), link data from multiple systems using different storage technologies/access methods and deliver streaming services. . Creates repeatable and reusable procedures.
- Recognises and exploits opportunities to ensure more efficient and effective performance of Data processes. Explores new ways of conducting operational processes; developing ways of maximising the update cycle on data; achieving the best cost model whilst maintaining data quality
- Write ETL scripts and code to make sure the ETL processes perform optimally
- Designs, writes and iterates code from prototype to production-ready. Understands security, accessibility and version control. Can use a range of coding tools and languages.
- Plans, designs, manages, executes and reports tests, using appropriate tools and techniques, and works within regulations. Ensures risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented
- Designs and maintains the appropriate metadata repositories to enable understanding of the data assets.
- Responsible for partnering with cross-functional teams of highly skilled project and technical team members, understanding how new sources will contribute towards the ongoing enhancement of content assets in order to achieve goals for database size, completeness, and other desirable improvements.
- Contribute to the vision and scope for the next generation of our data to drive revenue, performance quality and ensure operational efficiency, including new types of data and emerging capabilities for data collection.
- Support Operational plans that deliver business requirements through leading and coordinating their development, testing, and managing stabilisation activities.
What we’re looking for
- Strong SQL and database querying languages
- Knowledge of other languages, like Python, would be advantageous
- Experience with ETL tools, in particular SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- Experience working with API’s and services
- Correctly executes test scripts under supervision. Understands the role of testing and how it works.
- Aware of the types of problems in databases, data processes, data products and services.
- Ability to run development using Agile and Kanban methodologies
- Experience with Database technologies such as MongoDB or similar Modern skills such as AI and NLP would be advantageous.
- Ability to use PowerBI, Tableau or other visualization software would be advantageous
- Dynamic and results-driven with the focus on facilitating action and effecting change
- An innovative and inspirational approach
- Self-motivation with the desire to learn new techniques – relentlessly curious
- Demonstrable experience in Database design, modelling and best practice
- Analytical, process and problem-solving skills in a highly complex environment. A clear thinker who can articulate database issues and solutions and gain support for implementation, whilst remaining focused on what it important.
- Ability to prioritise and multi task with a flexible approach to work to changing deadlines and scope of project
- A great team player, as will be required to work in close collaboration with the Data Analysts and Data Engineering Project Consultants
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.