· Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate critical or high-risk technology areas/customer groups.
· Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers. Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on the most complex issues.
· Incident Management: Resolve technical and business incidents independently. Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
· Escalation Management: Identify, manage, and lead escalations through L5.
· Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent the most complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
· Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/company Information Technology infrastructure needs. Lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board or Technical Advisory Board.
· Patch and Security Management: Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment. Approve patch and security changes.
· Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
· Solution Design: When justified by business needs, customize or create company solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/companyIT infrastructure needs across technology areas. Provide feedback to create new company solution sets.
· Quality: Provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor provided products/service offerings.
· Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead exceptionally complex customer and internal projects, including transformation, across technology customers and/or internal businesses/end user’s areas. Mentor/provide review/advice to other projects inside/outside responsibility areas.
· Customer Relationship Management: Analyze customers and/or internal businesses/end users’ business, organization, and information systems needs with objective of helping to construct, sell, and deliver service solution offerings to satisfy those needs based on company’s Managed Services portfolio. Seen by customers or internal businesses/end users. as a trusted advisor.
· Teamwork: Lead or work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multifunctional, and addressing highly complex issues. Trusted advisor inside and outside team/technology area. Typically advises or sets direction for:
· All customers
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds advanced-level certifications in work field. Typically 10+ years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Typical skills include:
· (Master) in one or more technology areas
· (strong+) understanding of related technologies
· (strong) Customer Service
· General Project Management
· (strong) Influencing Others
· (strong) Customer/Vendor Management
· Business Analysis
· General Financial Management