We are looking for an expert in building out analytical data layers to join the band and help drive a data-first culture across the ad-supported business in Spotify.
In Product Insights, our mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of how people use our apps to impact the product, strategy and direction of Spotify. In order to help us achieve this we are looking for someone who can build out an efficient analytics data suite so that we can conduct efficient data science work, build impactful dashboards and visualizations and enable self-service insight delivery.
You will work with data engineers, data scientists, user researchers and product managers in the Free Revenue mission to ensure that the right information is available and accessible to study user behavior, to build and track key metrics, to understand product performance and to fuel the analysis of experiments.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music on our free, ad-supported tier.
What you’ll do:
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics:
- Working with data scientists, you will design datasets and metrics to measure and optimize products.
- Working with data engineering, you will build and own the analytics layer of our team’s data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible.
- Work in the team that designs, builds and maintains a suite of visual dashboards to track key metrics and enable self-service data discovery
- Collaborate with, and mentor, data scientists to build efficient data pipelines and data sets
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Partner with lead user researchers, product managers, designers, and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider analytics community at Spotify
- Work from our offices in New York
Who you are:
- You have at least 4 years of experience in a similar business intelligence, data engineering, data analysis or data visualization role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- You have the technical expertise required for the role:
- Significant experience in designing analytical data layers and in conducting ETL with very large and complex data sets
- Expertise with Tableau desktop software
- High level of ability in SQL and Python
- Experience with Scala is a plus
- You are familiar with best practices for data visualization
- You have a strong business sense and you are able to translate business problems to data driven solutions
- You are capable of tackling loosely defined problems
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, enjoys mentoring and teaching others and you have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms