Did you know P&G invented the concept of brands and brand management?
Over the years, we have remained consistently state of the art in marketing, always finding new and exciting ways to reach consumers, from the classic store to the most sophisticated digital technology. This is why some of the world’s best marketing pros and business leaders started with us. Our brand management philosophy can be summed up in a simple concept: “Consumer is boss”, and we believe we have 3 moments to win with consumers’ preference:
- when they browse for your product on the internet,
- when they choose to buy our product in the store and
- when they use it at home.
These are what we call the ‘3 moments of truth’, with the first two moments being what we focus on when we market products.
Your Role as an Intern in Marketing:
You will be offered an internship in a multi-functional Brand team - organized around the brands that we sell in South Africa (Ariel, Pampers, Gillette, Oral B, Always, Head & Shoulders, …) - consisting of managers with different functional expertise and background (Brand Management, but also Sales, Finance, Product Supply, Advertising and Media agencies).
These are some examples of internship assignments that you could have:
- Co-creating a new launch or evaluating the current strategies of a brand or product.
- Leading monthly market & brand analysis, taking care to include input of multi-functional teams to foster corrective actions for a specific category/initiative.
- Designing & executing brand campaigns (media, digital, CRM, instore, PR). Creating campaigns briefs (regional campaign localization or local campaign build up) & driving them to completion.
- Co-leading the digital marketing on your brand (visibility, content, local partnerships, eCommerce etc).
- Co-developing Market and Initiative Reviews.
Doing an internship with us is the way experience the company from within, and for us to get to know you, meaning that a lot of time will be invested in nurturing your development.
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
- Recognized state of the art marketing skills – you get to test your marketing knowledge and management abilities in real-life situations and obtain insights into the world of brand & business management.
- Continuous coaching & mentoring– you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring and coaching from your manager.
- Dynamic and supportive work environment – employees are at the core; we value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance.
What we're looking for:
- You are a South African citizen currently enrolled in a bachelor's or masters program.
- You have a strong passion for Marketing & Brand Management.
- You bring creativity & innovation to your work.
- You can show evidence of passion and achievements in academic and/or non-academic activities.
- You are fluent in English.
Just so you know:
- This is a paid internship opportunity.
- Successful interns will be eligible for full-time placement upon graduation.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: “Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak”.