Product Manager- Resection
INC East- INC- Naples, FL
- Plans, organizes, and controls electromechanical, orthopedic resection device (shavers & burrs) product portfolio from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops new products in conjunction with Marketing, Engineering and Sales Management personnel.
- Manages day to day progress of product
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production specific to product line
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company's industry.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's product line.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
- Provides expertise in particular product area and develops strategies and applicable portions of the company business plan.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates assigned programs to ensure accomplishment of financial/budgetary goals and optimum allocation of resources.
- Manages resources to execute assigned programs.
- Coordinates details of program within the organization with a wide range of functions and individuals.
- Coordinates product introduction and market exploitation with marketing and sales organizations to ensure maximum penetration of market segment.
- Provides continuing product surveillance and management of established product to obtain financial objectives.
- Responsible for tracking product development through the development process from product concept, design, prototype to actual release by resolving issues that arise.
- Drives and champions development requirements and ensures that project risk is minimized. Submits reports and status updates to senior management.
- Determines the initial production quantities and twelve month moving forecast.
- Acts as the primary interface with assigned customers and its agents for all matters.
- Responsible for maintaining communication with the customer to maintain and control project scope as applies to defined design, budget, quality and schedule agreements.
- Provide technical assistance with complex customer issues as well as consulting services to streamline customer internal management processes.
- Confers with project staff to outline/negotiate work plans, assign duties and responsibilities, determine schedules and define scope of authority.
- Reviews/analyzes status reports prepared by the project team personnel and modifies schedules and/or plans as required. Monitors financial activities to ensure team compliance to budget parameters.
- Establishes project plans, scope of work and accompanying definitions.
- Prepares technical and financial reviews of the assigned projects and presents information to Senior Managers, business unit management, customer and project team personnel as required.
- Prioritize staff workloads in order to meet customer needs/objectives in all areas.
- Develop and train staff to ensure high skill levels.
- Assigns and monitors program staff, providing technical support and direction.
- Establishes operational and project objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to project team.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of project team personnel (engineering, manufacturing, procurement, marketing and quality) to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Performs market analysis, product strategy and research and development.
- Conducts surgeon and sales rep product and procedure training. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Manages the development stage of the product life cycle.
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met including the monitoring of test reports, documentation of instructions, etc.
- Defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key surgeons.
- Required Travel up to 25%.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s preferred – (MBA, Marketing, Health Sciences or engineering)
- Minimum of five years’ experience directly related to marketing/product management, sales, or engineering of orthopedic, electromechanical resection devices (shavers & burrs) OR a minimum of five years clinical, orthopedic experience using electromechanical resection devices (shavers & burrs) OR two years as an Arthrex Associate Product Manager required.
- Proven ability to travel for past positions required
- Ability to work with cadaveric specimens.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Knowledge of surgical orthopedics and/or arthroscopy.
- Skilled in working with different functions and effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired results.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are required.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- PC and various and specialized software.
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft office applications required.
- Within 12 – 18 months develop proficiency with the use of video & ultrasound imaging systems, orthopedic battery powered instruments, mono & bipolar RF resection devices as well as fluid management devices used in arthroscopic surgery.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.