Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Account Management (PAM) solutions that protect an organization's most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Thycotic's award winning cyber-security solutions minimize privileged credential risk, limit user privileges, and control applications on endpoints and servers.
- We have over 7,500 customers worldwide ranging from small IT shops to Fortune 5 companies.
- Rated #1 in customer satisfaction, achieving a 99% customer satisfaction rating year-over-year.
- Among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies with 247% annual growth over the past 3 years.
For more information, please visit www.thycotic.com
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and experienced Sales Engineer (SE) to join our growing team. The offered role will involve working closely alongside Account Managers, Sales Executives and other senior stakeholders, providing the critical touchpoint for potential new customers and partners to receive high levels of customised technical guidance and excellent demonstrations of Thycotic's security solutions.
Sales Engineers at Thycotic are the link between a customer's diverse and complex technical requirements and the correct implementation and delivery of Thycotic's solutions. This role requires great proficiency in communication, combined with a passionate and in-depth "product expert" level of technical knowledge. The SE team at Thycotic are given every opportunity to extend their professional skills within a friendly and co-operative environment and become deeply involved and engaged in all elements of the sales process.
Travel required: 40%
- Delivering tailored, use-case based, and relevant technical demonstrations of Thycotic's solution portfolio (on-site and remote).
- Running formal Proof of Concepts from their inception until completion, ensuring that the customer achieves well defined Success Criteria, receives technical answers quickly and is given proactive support.
- Supporting Thycotic staff at industry events and customer seminars.
- Providing detailed technical enablement training to Thycotic's partner network.
- Becoming a product expert in all aspects of Thycotic's solutions.
- Responding to detailed questions in RFIs and RFPs.
- Getting involved with PAM thought leadership, product management and project delivery to ensure that Thycotic's products are the best that they can be.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer or Technical Pre-Sales Consultant (security vendor is ideal, but other IT vendors will also be looked on favourably)
- Great presentation skills and the proven ability to build quality relationships and rapport with new prospects and customers.
- Excellent technical knowledge and the ability and willingness to dive head-first into new skillsets to learn what is required.
- "Can-do" attitude.
- Full-time professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience managing large-scale IT Proof of Concepts for enterprise customers.
Technical experience with (all generally preferred):
- IAM, PAM or SSO (federated identity) solutions
- Solution architecture and design
- Active Directory
- Management of Windows-based servers: Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL
- Cloud-based networking architecture (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Powershell experience, Unix/Linux servers and SSH CLIs, and scripting against Web APIs (SOAP & REST) all pluses.