Based on a year of strong growth, further validation of the core AI technologies and the recent acquisition of laboratory space, we are looking to expand our bioinformatics capabilities to support the company’s Drug Discovery activities. We are keen to hear from experienced Bioinformaticians, with a proven track record of integrating and analysing biomedical datasets, to join the growing Biomedical Informatics department.
BenevolentAI is the global leader in the development and application of AI for scientific innovation and one of the world’s top five private AI companies. It is transforming the process of scientific discovery by enabling previously unimaginable scientific advances in the accelerated development of new medicines.
BenevolentAI has built a leading position in artificial intelligence by developing technologies that deliver previously unimaginable scientific advances, rapidly accelerate scientific innovation and completely disrupt traditional methods of scientific discovery. The technology has been validated in drug discovery, specifically, in the most challenging field of human biology: the identification of new disease targets.
By amplifying a researchers’ ability to grasp an entire corpus of data and iterate the scientific method at exponentially faster rates, BenevolentAI brings highly advanced tools to traditional R&D programmes enabling artificial intelligence to be applied to the scientific discovery process.
Job Overview & Key responsibilities:
● Your passion for large-scale biomedical data integration, analysis and curation will be used to support Drug Discovery programmes undertaken by BenevolentAI.
● As a member of the Biomedical Informatics department you will be responsible for defining research objectives and disseminating the latest Bioinformatics and Computational Biology research trends and developments throughout the company.
● You will be working as member of a cross-functional team (Informatics, Engineering, AI, Drug Discovery and Product).
● You will develop automated tools and workflows that enable internal access to high quality biomedical data.
● You will be responsible modeling complex biomedical datasets
If you’d like to join us, please
Requirements & Qualifications:
● A PhD (or MSc with suitable experience) in bioinformatics, computational biology or related field of research.
● 3 years experience in developing software, databases and integrating data to support the Drug Discovery process.
● Expert programmer in at least one language. We have a preference for Python, but also interested in Java and R. Candidates should also familiar with the language packages that support Bioinformatic, Data Science and Machine Learning activities.
● Proven track record of processing and modelling data from a wide range biomedical resources, such as ChEMBL, ENSEMBL, PubChem, UniProt, PDB, Gene Expression Atlas and TCGA
● Experience in using technologies we like, which includes: Neo4j, GraphQL, ElasticSearch, MySQL, MongoDB, Spark, GitLab, Kubernetes, AWS, KNIME, Jupyter.
● Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with ability to influence at all levels and in across departments.
● Familiar with of chemical structure representations and experience in using cheminformatics libraries (e.g. RDKit)
● Experience of processing and analysing Omics datasets (e.g. RNA-Seq)
● Experience developing Natural Language Processing (NLP) workflows
● Experience with agile based software development practices
Department: Biomedical Informatics
The company offers competitive salaries depending on experience as well as annual bonus, share options scheme, plus generous holiday allocaction