Apr 11, 2018
Non-Japan Asia-India-Maharashtra-Mumbai (MSA) Bachelor's Degree
Business Analysis Full Time Vice President
About Morgan Stanley Advantage Services
Morgan Stanley is one of the best known names in financial services: a leader in connecting people, ideas and capital to help our clients achieve their financial aspirations. The 50,000+ people of Morgan Stanley represent over 120 nationalities and speak 90 languages; they work in 600 offices in 28 countries.
Morgan Stanley Advantage Services (MSAS) has been set up in Mumbai to support the breadth of Morgan Stanley's institutional securities business worldwide. Operating since September 2003, MSAS is a wholly owned Morgan Stanley company.
MSAS IT collaborates with teams in New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo to develop leading edge proprietary software to support business-critical functions.
This is a UI lead position for Order & Portfolio Management team based out of Morgan Stanley Mumbai office [MSAS]. The team supports PWM Asia business – which covers ultra-high net worth retail clients.
The candidate will be leading a team of 5-6 developers who work on Order management platform supporting global equities, fixed income, mutual funds, FX, listed/OTC derivatives, alternative investments and other products. The platform supports the front to back order flow such as order entry, pre-trade checks, allocations, commissions, executions and post executions booking process. The platform primarily supports sales order workflow (NOT trading functions/algorithms)
The candidate should have about 12-13 years of experience in designing and developing enterprise UI applications. The candidate should have an aptitude to understand complex multi-asset order management systems
Roles and responsibilities include:
An ideal candidate will demonstrate excitement for technology and business. He/she will also be able to handle competing demands on time and manage his/her own work to deadlines. A lot interaction with business users is involved.
Note: The role is not a formal title or designation
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Computer Science, from a top tier university
Years of experience: About 12-13 years of experience in designing and developing enterprise-scale UI applications. Team management experience is required.
1. Candidate must possess a passion for working with technology and must demonstrate ability to meet complex business requirements with innovative technology solutions
3. Experience in manging a team of 5+ developers
4. Should have experience in various development processes/methodologies such as SDLC+, Agile/DevOps model, using TDD/BDD methodologies etc.
5. 5+ years development experience using OOPS & Design Patterns
6. Candidate must have hands on Unit Testing using frameworks like Karma and Jasmine
7. Should have experience of code management tools like Perforce or Git
8. Good working experience with databases like Sybase, good understanding of SQL, stored procedures
9. Strong written and oral communication skills. Should have the ability to express their design ideas and thoughts.
Some scripting experience (Perl/shell)
Must have knowledge of IIS server and know how to host and manage applications inside IIS.