Reporting to the General Manager, DNA Platform & Technology Partnerships our Customer Solutions Engineers are critical technical partners for our sales teams and clients. The CSE will drive integration opportunities for Dow Jones’ clients and partners who range from cutting edge startups and incubators to the world’s most respected corporations.
In addition to working with customers, the CSE team will have access to the cloud based DNA platform and tools for identifying innovative solutions to business problems. Their solutions will take many forms, from prototypes and demos to education.
- Work with Sales and their prospects/clients looking to understand and exploit integration possibilities with Dow Jones solutions
- Advise and mentor prospective clients on their development of integration with Dow Jones platforms including building and managing proof of concepts
- Share best practices, model designs etc. with prospects/clients for both technical development and successful negotiation of client’s internal approvals processes
- Provide feedback to Dow Jones Product and Technology teams on emerging requirements and client technology trends, lessons learned from pilot engagement approach
- Build portfolio of successful examples/references
- Technical account management of client post-sale, to facilitate adoption of Dow Jones technology within the client organisation
- More than 5 years’ prior work in a customer-facing consulting role
- Software development experience using Agile development practices
- Demonstrated experience building and leading technical product demonstrations that include APIs, XML feeds, and configurable widgets
- Business acumen and strategic problem solving skills to assist with client requirements
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Experience and passion for Big Data and data analytics including contemporary tools and languages
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Professionalism and a client first approach
- Experience working with Google BigQuery
- Strong coding skills in several programming languages, preferably including at least one contemporary mobile development language or framework
- Experience and familiarity with our products and lines of business including Factiva, Risk & Compliance, VentureSource, Newswires, etc.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.