Duolingo is looking for an animator that can bring its characters life.
As an animator at Duolingo you will have the autonomy to define the movement and soul behind Duolingo’s characters and illustrations. You’ll have the opportunity to touch multiple products and be instrumental developing our newest projects. You’ll work with people who are friendly, fun, and aim to be pioneers in the world of education apps.
- Make big product decisions and incorporate animation to tell part of a larger story
- Design vector-based illustrations and characters that work best for animation purposes
- Use After Effects to create fun animation that fit well within existing UI
- Work side by side with talented designers and illustrators who will help give your animation context.
- Online portfolio with animation examples
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Ability to discuss and defend their animations with the design team
- Have experience with illustration, particularly character illustration.
- Relocation to the Duolingo HQ in Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience working with Facebook’s Keyframes and/or Airbnb’s Lotti
- 3+ years of experience working at a high-paced tech start-up