PURCHASING BUYER - PURCHASING TEAM
San Leandro, CA
Position Title: Purchasing Buyer
The Purchasing Buyer works as part of the purchasing team to source products, place purchase orders, and manage inventory.
Do you want to work with a great group of people in a fast-paced environment? Join our team!
EAT Club is revolutionizing the way people eat lunch at their office. Our company is growing quickly, as is our kitchen in San Leandro. You'll help ensure that our kitchen has what it needs to make thousands of meals daily.
The role and responsibilities:
- Works with fellow buyers to procure food, snacks and packaging, ensuring on-hand inventories are adequate to meet our dynamic shifting needs.
- Forecasts product needs, conducts daily inventories, and places purchase orders.
- Resolves problems such as delayed vendor shipments, quality issues, and shortages.
- Develops and maintains strong professional relationships with suppliers.
- Sources new products, ensuring products meet menu specifications.
- Strives to not only get the best price on products, but also to minimize total procurement costs - which factor in labor, cost of holding inventory, etc.
- Maintains appropriate records, and helps generate reports.
- Works effectively with our production and warehouse teams.
- Evening and weekend work may be required from time to time.
What we're looking for:
- One year of purchasing experience in the food industry.
- Solid computer skills, including familiarity with spreadsheets.
- Good at basic math.
- Detail oriented, organized and doesn’t let things fall between the cracks.
- Strong communication skills and a team player.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced open office environment.
- Bilingual, Spanish is a plus.
Compensation for this position offers competitive salary, health benefits, 401k... Perks include free lunch, of course!