Requisition ID: 182211
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
- Industry value advisor focused on SAP’s Services Industries, specifically travel, transportation and logistics organisations across the Africa region.
- Provide industry thought leadership, strategic solution advice, and expert consultation to support customer co-innovation, enterprise transformation, and business process optimization programs
- Lead customer engagements to assess strategic objectives, innovation scenarios, key improvement opportunities and other sources of incremental economic value.
- Lead strategic account planning sessions with customers, facilitate customer visioning workshops, and lead delivery of value focused engagements.
- Partner with field sales teams to identify revenue opportunities, create account strategies, and execute sales plays. In focused industry segments, responsible for demand generation, industry pipeline build strategies and development of scale initiatives resulting in increased industry pipeline, revenue and in elevating SAP’s leadership position in an industry segment within a specific region / Market Unit.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
Contribute to practice development through thought leadership content, business benchmarking, best practice assessments, and customer success studies. Represent SAP externally and internally on a local level on industry sector, innovation and value management related topics.
- Area 1: Identification, development, and execution of targeted sales opportunities; act as key expert in SAP’s Industry Value Engineering (IVE) portfolio and serve as a primary conduit between the Global and Regional Industry Business Solutions and field sales organizations to oversee, influence and track the execution of key field sales priorities.
- Area 2: Act as trusted advisor for customers. Develop and validate high-quality value propositions and business cases which clearly articulate our IVE strategy, GTM activities and key execution steps. Design customer engagements and select team members. Understand the role of profitability, cash flow, risk, and cost drivers in creating firm value will be emphasized. Understands how the non-financial manager can utilize financial information through a teamwork approach to decision making. Understands the role of cost drivers and strategic cost analysis in a value based management system.
- Area 3: Devise comprehensive strategies to engage partners in areas such as business development, packaged solution development and industry solution cross-selling. Regularly benchmark SAP customers for best practices and value achieved. Develop, refine, and leverage standardized innovative approaches, tools, methodologies, industry/Lob-specific content used in VE engagements, etc.
- Area 4: Provide standardized approaches for IVE based sales activities. Enable the field sales and support roll–out of new training; conduct in class training for specific industries and contribute to e-learning content. Provide on demand access for industry specific expertise.
- Area 5: Development of SAP’s IVE brand through thought leadership, content creation, appearances, articles and social and traditional media interviews, etc.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES (illustrative)
- License revenue (actual) against Focus Industry Software targets.
- Industry pipeline health.
- Pipeline actual against pipeline target for Industry segments.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Community of Practice Contribution: Methodology definition, adoption, innovation.
- Public Contribution: Client Engagement, Field Enablement, Industry Portfolio Planning/GTM/business development execution.
- Cooperation and collaboration with the other members of the Industry Value Engineering team EMEA and the broader Chief Operations Organisation in Africa to develop and execute the EMEA and Market Unit GTM.
- Establish working relationships with the global Industry Business Solutions group.
- 7+ years of professional experience in Sales / Strategy Consulting / Industry Solutions experience including min 3 years of management consulting experience with leading international firm or 3 + years of value engineering experience and/or industry / solution segment
- Experience in diverse technology landscape and process/technology integration issues
- SAP product experience and/or 3 years prior relevant telecommunications and/or professional services industry/solutions experience. Viewed as industry/ solutions expert across SAP, capable of leveraging an extensive network on behalf of SAP resulting in pipeline and revenue growth
- Experience with IT / business alignment issues
- Account Engagement Design and Facilitation
- Experience with executive interview techniques
- Experience in design and facilitation of executive workshops aligning diverse perspectives and expectations. Executive presence
- Experience with large account management
- Experience in developing Strategic Roadmaps
- Experience building and retaining strong customer relationships
- Experience leading engagements
- Experience with business case creation, analysis, and research
- Advanced knowledge of value selling methodology. & processes, opportunities, value chain and ecosystem analyses experience
- Fluency in English, any other language an asset.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required, MBA or equivalent degree from accredited university preferred.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Logistics, Telecom, Telecommunications, ERP, Engineer, Operations, Technology, Engineering