At its core, 500px is a community of passionate photographers. As a company, our mission is to build a platform that enables and rewards that community’s visual creativity. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world’s most inspiring photography.
As the product manager for marketplace and platform you will lead the strategy, prioritization, and execution of initiatives that will drive the growth of our photo licensing business.
Your performance will be measured by both the impact of the initiatives you launch and by the extent to which you enhance the productivity of a high-performing, cross-functional team that includes counterparts in technology, design, sales, business development, content and operations.
You have strong analytical skills, great judgement, and are a leader. You will set clear goals and drive innovation while leading a cross-functional team to success.
You are metrics-driven and are as comfortable with using data to run an existing business as you are with creating brilliant features and building a new business.
You are a realistic optimist; you bring a positive attitude to your work and to the people you work with. You lift up those around you.
You will lead a cross-functional team to:
- identify unmet needs and new customers in the image licensing space
- develop the product strategy for a photo licensing and API business
- develop designs and requirements for features needed to satisfy those unmet needs
- work with a cross-functional team to build features, test, learn, and go to market
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of product management experience delivering highly successful and innovative technology products that you are proud of
- A love of photography
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- A passion and understanding of both business-to-business and consumer technology products
- Demonstrated experience in managing a product from end-to-end, from discovery to delivery to ongoing refinement and optimization
- Empathy: for your users and teammates
- Grit: when the need arises you are willing to work through messy details with your team to achieve success; you persevere when others fall away
- A bias towards simplicity: the ability to cut through any issue, identify the salient points, and rally a team around addressing them
- Analytical horsepower: you can fetch the data you need, understand it, and tell an air-tight story around it with no help
- High standards: for yourself, your work, and your colleagues
- Exceptional communication skills
- A technical background
- A hunger to learn
Bonus Points for
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- An MBA
- An active photography portfolio