Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage product creation and sourcing for the local India market for all brands. Implement Sourcing allocation strategy for India Local Sourcing in conjunction with brands in order to meet the adidas Group objectives relating to quality, volume, style and cost of sourced products. Build strategic partnerships with vendors to ensure industry-leading performance.
Manage a team of product developers, material developers and product technical team in the creation and commercialization of assigned products and manage a team of production planning for India market. Build and monitor development calendars to ensure deadlines, KPIs and quality standards are met. Act as an advocate for product integrity by working closely with cross-functional creation centre teams as well as all related support services.
- Support sourcing projects & change management activities in India local sourcing to implement global initiatives and to implement local initiatives as necessary based on the specific needs of the India market for Apparel.
- Contribute Sourcing input to specific market strategies (business model, volume, product attributes, etc) and translate them into sourcing apparel strategies, which identify the future road map and capabilities, needed to service the Indian market.
- Implement allocations strategy for products selected by aIndia with focus on model, range, product types, product mix, etc.
- Understand aIndia business objectives and initiatives to drive margin expectations in order to optimize duty opportunities
- Work closely with Sr. Director of Brand Sourcing for adidas and Reebok to contribute to an optimal strategy that focuses on localization of range with best competitive prices.
- Own the relationship with the local sourcing vendors (T1/T2) and build action plans to bring them on par with global aSL suppliers.
- Own, measure and communicate KPI performance of the vendors (T1/T2) according to Global sourcing definitions including compliance with relevant local laws respecting human rights, health, safety and environment
- Lead the seasonal pre-allocation process based on service and product needs
- Ensure continuous product and process improvement is established and communicated with emphasis on leading and Right First Time development of products in accordance with the operating calendar
- Collaborate with Manager Apparel Costing, LO Technical Services team, Creation Centres; to ensure that product ranges are developed to cost, quality, performance, integrity and time targets.
- Partner with Marketing and Design to achieve the goals and objectives set by the business unit.
- Research and communicate new production and material innovations.
- Monitor material development, sourcing and planning for all brands for aIndia according to creation timelines, target prices, sourcing policy, quality standards and availability.
- Supervise costing process to achieve best possible cost from throughout the creation process.
- Communicate to internal and external teams seasonal product initiatives, process changes and longer-term category vision
- Drive and execute key initiatives and provide input to short, mid and long term planning and sourcing strategy
- Be Responsible for the Buy Ready performance of materials & apparel through strong interface with Marketing & Design.
- Supervise the CSI Technical team upto the Buy Ready completion stage.
- Monitor and proactively manage the fill rate for India local sourcing suppliers (T1/T2) to meet capacity needs of aIndia market.
- Understand growth plans with aIndia management and ensure future capacity build up for T1 as well as T2
- Proactively work on localization of global sourcing/GOPS initiatives while maintaining the same concept and spirit and propose such initiatives to aIndia and align with global best practices.
- Manage team to achieve high performance by fostering a positive team environment, through effective delegation, objective setting, performance assessments, motivation, training and development
- Be responsible for monitoring and continuously improve workload and organizational efficiency with support of IT-systems, data and analysis.
- Provide direction and inspire the team to ensure both the creation and commercialization processes are synergized with focus on results
- Provide team with clear direction, projects and targets that are aligned with business needs and GOPS objectives
- Create a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are challenged, coached, trained and provided with career opportunities
- Undergraduate university degree or technical education; preferred focus on business, engineering, finance, international trade, or related fields
- 10 years minimum experience specializing in apparel, sourcing, costing, production, product development, materials / textiles or directly related field with appropriate management experience, ideally in the sporting goods industry
- Proven record of leadership and accomplishments in a multi-national environment