The Premium Support - Symantec Product Specialist is a solutions expert who serves as a trusted advisor proactively helping their assigned customers maximize their investment in Symantec. They drive adoption and consumption of Symantec solutions, assisting customers to realize optimal security posture and respond rapidly when issues arise.
- Develop working knowledge of the Symantec CyberDefence Platform
- Maintain knowledge of Symantec solutions and integrations/interoperability within the assigned customer environments
- Understand how our customers are utilizing SYMANTEC’s security solutions and recommend additional features that can be leveraged to increase their security posture
- Ensure customer configuration aligns with recommended best practices
- Build trusted relationships with relevant technical and management stakeholders in assigned accounts
- Develop and proactively manage strong relationships with internal personnel in all functional areas of SYMANTEC (both sales and support functions)
- Serve as customer advocate to ensure that issues are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Alert and advise customers around critical vulnerabilities and software updates
- Some travel may be required to assigned customer locations
- Be available after hours for customer emergencies on occasion
- Invest in ongoing self-development to acquire industry relevant skills necessary to satisfy your customer’s needs
- Minimum of one year’s commercial experience within the information technology industry
- University Degree and/or relevant industry qualifications (CISSP, Security +,CEH ) desired
- Knowledge of service delivery or account management in a post and/or presales environment
- Must have strong formal presentation and effective communication skills
- Desired experience with Security products and knowledge of the enterprise Security industry
- Proficiency in contemporary operating systems, advanced networking concepts, and computer security concepts
- Knowledge of cloud or hybrid environments highly desired
- Recent experience [Information Technology, Consulting, Sales Engineer, Technical Support, etc.] with Symantec Data Loss Prevention, Symantec Endpoint Protection or both solutions is highly regarded.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.