TripActions is one of the fastest growing startups in the valley with $51m in Series B funding, led by a team of second time founders. We are changing the way companies and employees approach business travel. Today, companies struggle to rein in costs while employees are forced to endure an ever-growing list of inconveniences: more travel restrictions, tighter policies, lost travel perks. TripActions is here to save the $1.6T business travel industry with a modern, mobile-first travel solution that works for companies and their employees.
We’re saving our customers (like Box, SurveyMonkey and Foursquare) 27% on their travel budgets with the best end-to-end business travel offering on the market. We’ve built cutting-edge mobile-first technology, a 24/7 proactive support solution and a massive & unbiased collection of consumer, direct and corporate inventories for flights, accommodations, cars and more. Employees love us because we empower them to travel on their own terms. They’re in control of how they travel, earning points and rewards for personal use along the way.
We’re modernizing and re-defining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future.
TripActions is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Traditionally, travel management solutions have the reputation of being old and antiquated, but at TripActions we are thinking differently about business travel and we need a Content Marketing Manager to join our team to tell our story! As the first Content Marketing Manager, you have the opportunity to define the role and bring our brand mission and purpose to life. You have the ability to set the stage for how we engage with prospects by thinking outside the box and creating shareable stories that leave a lasting impression. As we continue to expand globally, you will also be responsible for the evolution of our narrative throughout the world.
The ideal candidate is someone who is not afraid to be bold, has storytelling capabilities that are out of this world and has a passion for travel
- Own the creation of wow-inducing, thought-provoking, and highly shareable content
- Lead the content strategy with collaboration across Product, PR, Demand Gen and PR
- Produce written content in short and long form (e.g. blog posts, emails, white papers, case studies, etc.)
- Work with team members, contractors, and/or agencies to manage content creation as needed
- Measure the impact of content assets to understand the most impactful assets to inform future creations
- Keep an eye on our competitors presence in the space as well as industry trends
- Ensure quality and consistency of brand voice across any and all published content, including the blog, eBooks, and other key assets
- 6+ years of marketing experience
- Excellent communication skills. You’re a clear, concise and compelling storyteller across written, verbal and visual formats
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with product, sales, PR and multiple functions within marketing
- A relentless focus on quality in execution, with a passion for producing content efforts that deliver value and win hearts for TripActions
- Experience with target persona and customer journey development
- Creative thinker, problem solver and standout idea generator
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- InDesign/Photoshop/Sketch experience a plus
- A positive attitude: You’re a team player and you’re resilient in the face of challenges
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Experience at a start-up or in a scrappy, fast-moving culture is a must
- An undeniable passion for travel
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley. Can work twice a week in our WeWork space in San Francisco