Process Industries and DrivesBusiness Unit:
Process AutomationRequisition Number:
United States-Georgia-AlpharettaAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Process Industries and Drives Division is a reputed global provider of future-proof automation and drive technology, industry software and services based on innovative technology platforms. With our standard components, complemented by industry-specific solutions, we successfully fulfill specific customer requirements from various industries. As a Trusted Partner across the entire lifecycle of industrial plants – from design and engineering to modernization – Siemens PD paves the ways towards digitalization in the process industries, enabling long-term growth.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Create User Interfaces for digital apps (focus on concepts, interaction- and interface-design)
- Research and evaluate innovative technologies in all digital areas.
- Creation of UI concepts, prototypes while being responsibility for the visual design output.
- Creation of visual designs for user interfaces and documentation of UI guidelines
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- At least 3 years experience in creating innovative and intuitive user interfaces with very good knowledge of design processes and UX/UI design (including design thinking, usability evaluation, use cases, user scenarios, user journeys and wire framing).
- You have a M.A. in communication-design, media-design or a similar field.
- You successfully drive products through concept, wire framing and visual design phases and work within an agile development team.
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international) as well as working on site with an agile development team.
- Extensive and practical experience in responsive web design projects.
- Experience with design tools like Sketch, InVision, Zepplin, Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS is an advantage.
- You are passionate about digital trends and web technologies. Ideally, you have knowledge of cross-device applications.
- You think innovative and have logical problem-solving skills.
- Languages: Excellent English skills both written and spoken.
- You are used to working in an agile team and have excellent presentation skills.
- You are a communicative team player and always open to new ideas.