Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.JOB SUMMARY:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Research Analyst is a thought partner with the local and national sales teams in developing and executing integrated, client-focused marketing and advertising solutions. The Research Analyst ensures business needs and client objectives are being addressed both for designated teams as well as Regional and Division initiatives, as needed.
- The Research Analyst must be committed to staying ahead of advertising trends, including digital advertising, as well as other emerging technologies within the increasingly competitive and fragmented media landscape.
- He/She must be adept at working within a fast-paced environment. This person also must be able to communicate clearly to Account Executives as well as other cross-functional team members. The Research Analyst reports into the Field Research Manager.
Customized Client Strategies and Solutions
Local Market Level Research
- Support information gathering and analysis of clients, market conditions, competitive market analysis, and digital opportunities.
- Localize marketing materials with market-specific research information and insights.
- Develop customized insights for all Key and Target accounts in partnership with the Sales organization.
- Provide localized materials using quantitative and qualitative resources.
- Participate/facilitate cross-functional brainstorm sessions.
Digital Sales Support & Product Activation
- Aggregation of syndicated research data to support individual client needs.
- Arm sales with ratings analysis to drive rates and inform sales of opportunities including use of Nielsen data and proprietary Set Top Box data.
- Proactively track programming to identify opportunities, congratulate and entice clients, and maximize revenues.
- Provide rating estimates and collaborate with Pricing & Planning and Sales Management for high profile programming to support competitive pricing.
- Provide one-sheets highlighting success of Cable networks and programming including Spectrum News and Sports.
- Provide competitive media spend information via Kantar, Media Monitors, etc.
- Assist in the development of market share and spending analysis.
- Develop proficiency in using set-top box data to help inform Client schedule recommendations.
- Effectively use Polk data to provide Clients with additional market intelligence.
- Ensure accuracy of market coverage maps and Universe Estimates (UEs).
- Develop and foster relationships within Digital Sales to advance Digital growth.
- Assist in development of best digital strategies and multi-platform client solutions, in collaboration with Digital Sales.
- Provide ongoing field perspective and feedback to Digital Sales to support execution of all digital products
Expert Excel skills: Visual Basic & Advanced formulas.
Strong presentation skills
Advanced data analysis & reporting skills.
Ability to streamline processes by leveraging technical skills to automate or semi-automate.
Comfortable being highly visible, a leader, & THE expert for research in the market(s).
Comfortable setting & managing expectations of demanding & high-energy type A personalities.Education
BA Degree or equivalent work experienceRelated Work Experience
3-5 years marketing, research experience.