Manager, Business & Data Analysis - Business Intelligence
Type of Position
Location: New York, NY
The Manager of Business & Data Analysis will manage a small team of Business/ Data analysts as well as be an individual contributor to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the Enterprise Marketing Database, providing overall business knowledge to projects and support. This position will be assigned to many projects within the Enterprise Marketing Management Development group. This position collaborates with company customers, staff members, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to define detailed customer requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies, and develop and present solutions. The Manager of Business & Data Analysis acts as an internal consultant, providing business process expertise and technical guidance on the most complex projects or researching strategic planning matters.
This position requires broad knowledge of data sources, data integration and data flow as well as a high degree of creativity and latitude, working at an in-depth level within a business area. The Manager of Business & Data Analysis acts as the subject matter experts in the business areas assigned, in terms of both business applications and business processes. The individual in this position should be familiar with project management techniques and possesses good communication skills.
The main challenge for the Manager of Business & Data Analysis is identifying causes and implementing solutions to business problems in a multifunctional project, assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the business. The Manager of Business & Data Analysis must understand the procedures and expected system performance associated with the introduction of new information technologies, while seeking ways to collaborate with other IT members to facilitate transitions. He/she shares responsibility with other team members to ensure on-time, high quality product delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce functional requirements and solution end-to-end database development in a BI environment supporting SiriusXM's Enterprise Marketing Management (EMM) solution.
- Document processes and mentor staff through the software development lifecycle process.
- Lead, collect and analyze business requirements for large, multifunctional projects.
- Participate with other IT members, customers, and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests, and pilots.
- Perform feasibility studies, translate requirements into an appropriate design.
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Document processes and mentor development staff through the software development lifecycle process.
- Work with BI Architecture and Innovations group to craft solution for data integration and business layer.
- Analyze new data sources for integration into SiriusXM's EMM solution -- structured/semi-structured and unstructured data from various sources in support of the electronic marketing management tools and other related systems.
- Work with BI Operations Tier I and Tier II teams to ensure control objectives are implemented for all data movement processes, implement change control for production data ,establish and follow proper incident management procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable data privacy regulations and policies as they relate to both firm and client/contact data.
- There are supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- At least 7 years of experience with writing functional requirements, data warehouse experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related course of study or equivalent, relevant experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Solid experience writing SQL.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and follow up on unfinished business.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Experience deploying self-service capabilities in campaign management and Reporting/BI.
- Experience integrating marketing technologies with both internal and external data sources.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Goal oriented and creative personality with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- At least 4 years in writing SQL.
- 4+ years experience with Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server or similar database platform.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience implementing best practices for EDW development.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.