This position is mainly to monitor and assist adidas Group Suppliers’ factories in implementing adidas Group Workplace Standards.
- Support the Area Manager in their execution of WORKPLACE STANDARDS policies, projects and work programmes
- Identify the areas of risk to adidas Group in respect of working conditions and standards. Provide to the Area Manager recommendations in respect of those risks, based on legal obligations and WORKPLACE STANDARDS requirements
- Engage the adidas Group production staff and factory management in the designated country or countries in order to integrate WORKPLACE STANDARDS requirements into the larger business practices of adidas Group
- Develop and provide regular WORKPLACE STANDARDS training to adidas Group LO staff and factories within designated country or countries.
- Audit and develop WORKPLACE STANDARDS action plans for suppliers, to ensure compliance with the WORKPLACE STANDARDS. Similarly, supervise the independent monitoring process in partner factories within designated country or country.
- Assist factory remediation by advising on options, negotiating timeframes, sharing experiences and best practices and helping management locate the necessary expertise, materials, etc.
- Provide regular updates to the Area Manager, the relevant Country Manager(s) and LO staff, on the status of partner factories and other suppliers, and WORKPLACE STANDARDS Team activities.
- Ensure all relevant LO staff and department heads are fully briefed in the WORKPLACE STANDARDS principles and methods of implementation.
- Regarding communication, convey any problems and issues to all concerned parties immediately. Provide monthly reports to the Area Manager by the established reporting date.
- Communicate news, issues and initiatives which originate in the LO to the Area Manager promptly and clearly.
- Keep updated on all labour and HSE legislation within the designated country or countries and report any updates to the Area Manager and Discipline Heads. Review any updates with senior factory management and other WORKPLACE STANDARDS team members.
- Establish contacts and actively engage in dialogue with local NGOs, Government bodies and professional institutions, to further the goals and transparency of the WORKPLACE STANDARDS programme.
- Act as a mentor for other Managers and AM grade staff, and assist in their training.
Key Relationships: (list primary stakeholders that the position will communicate and interact with)
- Adidas Group suppliers’ management
- Adidas Group suppliers’ workers/trade unions
- Local and international NGO
- Consultants for assisting SEA in providing assistances and capacity building for adidas Group suppliers’ factories.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities: (describe the technical skills required for the position, specific expertise needed to perform the job, describe any applicable knowledge required for the position)
- Approachability - is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Functional / technical skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Integrity and trust - is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Priority setting - spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Negotiating - The ability to skilfully negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups. Can win concessions without damaging relationships, can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications: (Describe the minimum amount of education needed for the position, include minimum number of years of experience required).
- Bachelor degree in relevant subjects
- 3-year experience in Cooperate Social Responsibility (CSR)/Compliance area