The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Lead for an anticipated USAID Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (CEP-NTD), Sub-element 2A Asia.
The HSS Lead is considered “key personnel” responsible for overall strategic direction for mainstreaming NTDs into national health and planning country systems and ensuring that programs are designed towards achieving national NTD goals.
The Applicant must meet or exceed the qualifications listed below:
• Minimum of a master’s degree in public health, international development, public policy,
or related field;
• A minimum of ten years’ global and in-country experience in implementation of health
systems strengthening programs and/or policy reform preferably addressing cross-sector
• Demonstrated experience in implementing robust HSS programs in a developing
country context, with technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: policy
reform, service coverage, workforce alignment and/or related areas of health system
• Demonstrated capacity to operate within the HSS community and function as a leader on
diverse matters related to HSS in developing countries;
• Demonstrated experience implementing HSS programs that incorporate non-health sector
and/or multi-health sector programs;
• Demonstrated management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills;
• Full professional proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communications
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior
• Government personnel, international organizations, NGO partners, host country
governments, and U.S. Government Agencies.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to APROProposal@fhi360.org.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.