The Technical Account Manager will serve as the customer’s trusted Tableau
advisor and become an extension of their workforce through various areas of
personalized service. In this role you will be identifying and addressing
technical concerns, requests, and aligning to customer priorities, projects,
You bring senior level technical expertise, and will act as the primary
technical point of contact for the account by coordinating with Product
Management, Sales, Technical Support, and Engineering to manage the customer
Some of the daily role expectations would include…
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer’s Tableau environment, business stakeholders, and their reporting and analytical needs.
- Offer best practice guidance and recommendations for optimum health and performance of the Tableau ecosystem.
- Apply comprehensive troubleshooting and debugging skills to establish a working reproduction, acceptable resolution, and root cause.
- Build strong cross-functional working relationships with Sales, Engineering, and Product Management.
- Provide escalation management on critical cases by working closely with Support, Sustaining Engineering, and/or Development to provide regular status updates to the customer.
- Coordinate communications with all required stakeholders on crucial support cases and high priority issues.
- Conduct quarterly reporting and case reviews to spot trends, proactively identify potential issues, and offer tailored release recommendations to meet stability, performance, and new feature requirements.
- Identity revenue opportunities and partner with the account team to recommend paid services, licenses, training, and additional Tableau products to meet current needs and future growth.
- Participate in the weekend support on-call rotation once every 3-6 months.
- Contribute to Tableau knowledge, community, and training resources.
Who you are…
- Experienced. 5+ years demonstrated experience supporting enterprise software and mission critical applications.
- Technically Savvy. 5+ years of experience with databases, SQL, and Windows Server. Linux experience also preferred.
- Eat IT for Breakfast. Strong understanding of networking, server set-up, and administration, including troubleshooting experience with internet architectures, firewalls, proxy servers, and web servers. Strong understanding of relational databases; understanding of enterprise data warehouse techniques, OLAP etc.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. Must have the ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence. Able to explain highly technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Collaborate and own. Able to prioritize and route specific customer’s need to the proper channels. Take ownership and work towards resolution.
- Educated. BA/BS quantitative/technical degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Detail oriented. Nothing gets overlooked when it comes to you.
- You are a Recruiter ! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!"
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.