The future is infinitely wide and begging to be reimagined. SapientRazorfish is looking for people who have the courage to make their mark and advance beyond the status quo. If you have an optimism that says there is no limit to what we can achieve in a time inviting those with vision to shake things up, then we should talk. Our work is fueled by connected thinking, challenging boundaries, and the power of digital redefining a connected world. Our people thrive because of the belief that it’s both our privilege and responsibility to usher our clients and the world into what is next. We’re seeking those who question the status quo and want to reimagine the way the world works while realizing a smarter way for business to help – all in service of improving the daily lives of people, the world and your career. Next_reimagined.
Senior Manager, Strategy & Consulting
The Strategy & Consulting Senior Manager provides deep insight into internal and external factors impacting the client’s business, marketing, and digital presence. The Senior Manager defines the opportunity for digital, as well as the vision, strategic framework, and specific solutions required to deliver against identified business challenges, consumer needs, and specific business and marketing goals. The Senior Manager is a visionary leader who "connects the dots" between business and consumer insights, and articulates digital concepts and solutions in a clear and compelling way to clients.
This highly collaborative role interfaces heavily with internal team members and C-level clients both developing the strategy and overseeing successful execution. The Senior Manager leads cross-functional engagement teams across a range of complex project types with multiple components. These include research and insights, valuation and business case development, establishing a digital vision, organizational design, process optimization, digital roadmap development, rationalizing communication channel decisions, future state visualizations, and addressing other client needs.
The Senior Manager may serve as lead digital strategist on one or more key accounts and/or brands, and take on additional project work as appropriate. The Senior Manager also plays an active role in business development, preparing proposals and participating in sales presentations. He/she may participate in industry groups, speak at industry events, and publish thought leadership.
· Lead digital strategy engagements with a strong focus on business analysis, strategic and financial modeling, differentiated digital experiences, key digital capabilities and/or road mapping
· Engage with clients to identify key strategic challenge(s) and business, marketing and digital needs to be addressed; evaluate scope of strategic engagement
· Work cross-functionally with other strategy colleagues, client partners, discipline leads, and other internal partners
· Define and conduct (or partner with others to conduct) appropriate research activities, and evaluate findings. Research activities include:
· Assessing the role of Digital in client’s business model
· Connect the dots, synthesize and articulate key business insights in a clear and compelling way
· Define a digital program's strategic vision and business goals to guide strategy development and execution, and to drive organizational adoption, Develop strategies that drive client business performance
· Create digital roadmaps to guide execution of programs and initiatives
· Analyze business, marketing and digital performance across products, markets, audiences, and channels
· Test digital hypotheses through research, scenario analysis, financial modeling and response forecasts
· Create strategic and financial models to articulate business value
· Partner with Data Science organization to develop more complex quantitative analysis
· Build complex business cases and ROI models
· Summarize findings, and package in a way that supports a clear and compelling story
· Work with strategy team members to define success metrics and performance targets
· Evaluate the business impact of digital strategies and projects over time
Organization & Governance
· Advise clients (VP- to C-level) clients on strategic considerations and best practices for building effective digital organizations
· Analyze and provide recommendations on organizational issues related to formal structure, roles & responsibilities, processes, governance and decision rights, cross-functional team alignment & incentives, and similar operating considerations
· Augment and credibly communicate SapientRazorfish thought leadership on structuring for success and operational efficiency in the digital arena
Digital Thought Leadership
· Provide recognized thought leadership and points of view (including white papers) on Digital strategies including eCommerce, Social Media, etc.
· Create inspirational presentations on Digital that demonstrate smart thinking and strategic insight
Multi-Channel and Consumer Experience Vision
· Provide assessment and vision of the ideal ‘consumer experience’ by defining key capabilities that differentiate clients and meet consumer needs
· Define cross-channel implications and opportunities
· Define impact to brand and consumer audiences
Client Engagement & Business Development
· Provide strategic counsel to clients, ranging from Senior Manager to C-level
· Facilitate workshops, ideation sessions, decision-making
· Present strategy output and recommendations to clients and internal stakeholders
· Lead strategic review of solution development; provide clear and timely feedback to ensure experiences, technology and marketing solutions are delivered on-strategy
· Lead or participate in project post-mortems; capture key learnings and develop case studies as appropriate
· Work with Client Partners to generate demand and sell-thru for strategic services
· Build and manage strong working relationships with client decision-makers of the client organization; become trusted advisor; ability to work with marketing, IT and business executives
· Proactively seek out opportunities to deepen client relationships and "elevate the conversation" within client organizations
· Develop proposal responses and take a leadership role in pitching new business
· Remain up-to-date on relevant news, best practices and trends within the marketing, media, and technology ecosystem and share this knowledge
People & Team Management
· Build strategy team expertise by mentoring junior team members and offering training in relevant methodologies, techniques, frameworks, etc.
· Proactively works to improve process for strategy engagements and team workflow
· Inspire team members to discover game-changing solutions and deliver work of the highest quality
· 8-10 years Internet, marketing and/or management consulting experience with at least 6 years exclusively focused on the digital space
· Education: MBA Preferred
· Proven experience leading strategy and digital roadmap projects in a complex business and marketing environment
· Experience playing a lead role in building strategic plans, tactical plans, and budgets
· Strong understanding of user research, user-centered design principles and online consumer behavior
· Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level; comfortable being able to quickly join the client leadership team and immediately add value
· Must possess rigorous analytical disciplined approach as well as dynamic, abstract problem solving skills (get to the answer via both "inspiration" and "perspiration")
· Ability to have fun with the role
· Unphased if you do not meet all of these criteria, because you have a plan to figure it out quickly and the confidence to prove that to us
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, SapientRazorfish US is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.