Are you a data geek who loves spending hours getting lost in data to find answers to questions? Are you interested in learning how to apply data analysis and visualization techniques to the finance world and taking your skills to the next level?
Yelp’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is looking to add a Financial Analyst to take our data and reporting capabilities to the next level! FP&A is responsible for partnering with all of the company’s departments on all matters financial, and rolling up a forecast which is consumed by company executives to drive business decisions. Reporting to our Senior Manager, FP&A, you will use your analytical and organizational skills to improve the process of integrating data into Yelp’s financial forecast.
As a financial analyst, you will:
- Satisfy data requests by building SQL queries that leverage our databases
- Build reports and visualizations in Tableau to provide business insights
- Understand and document business requirements for forecast model enhancements
- Build ad hoc reports and spreadsheets in Excel, related to revenue, operating expense and headcount forecasts
- Assist with the operating expense forecasting for various departments, including partnering with department owner(s)
- Contribute to monthly processes, including monthly close and annual planning
- Partner with the Financial Systems and Business Intelligence teams on initiatives to improve FP&A’s forecasting and reporting capabilities (e.g. data warehousing)
- Provide FP&A ad hoc analyses as needed
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An innate ability to quickly learn the ins and outs of our databases
- Experience with / coursework on relational databases, e.g. Redshift, MySQL
- Experience working with large-scale data sets
- Strong knowledge of ExcelFamiliarity with data visualization tools e.g. Tableau
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. We are looking for team players willing to roll up their sleeves.
- Preferred prior exposure to tools commonly used for scripting / data analysis and SQL
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or related quantitative discipline, with 0 to 2 years of experience
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.