It is truly exciting times for the field of Artificial Intelligence. Both Microsoft, with the formation of the AI and Research Team (AInR), and the industry at large are betting big in this area. The advent of smart agents taking part in the many modes of human and computer interactions is a sign of a possible future where machines will be handling most of the functional part of communication and leaving the human participants to focus more on the content. A state-of-the-art keyboard is uniquely positioned to not only delight our users by helping with their text input needs, but also to move us ever closer to the intelligent communication vision.
We are the SwiftKey team (https://swiftkey.com/en/keyboard). We are a product team that is tasked to transform great research around language modeling and scalable algorithms into compelling user facing products. While we continue to strive to be the best in the world for text entry across platforms by leveraging deep learning technologies, personalized models, and cloud services, we also have grand vision to take the keyboard way beyond. Come join a creative team of engineers both dedicated to the fundamentals and not afraid to dream big!
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience building, deploying, and supporting software applications and services
• Excellent problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
• Proficient in C#, C++, or equivalent languages
• Committed, responsible and dependable
Ideal candidate would have one or more of the following preferred qualifications:
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills
• Development experience with software keyboard
• Mobile development experience
• Experience working with big data using MapReduce and Spark
• Azure and general cloud services expertise
• NLP and language modeling background