Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Responsible for the technical planning, coordination and conduct of test activities at the system level across projects. The incumbent will work with multiple internal engineering teams to develop system requirements analysis, system configuration data and automated test activities to ensure required system performance and reliability standards are designed in and verified. The essential function is to drive design, development and test activities from the system requirements view. Additional duties include the implementation of tools suitable for increasing the efficiency of system testing, developing and tracking system test metrics. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will exercise discretionary decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with engineering leads to develop mobile system requirements.
- Works closely with management to develop and coordinate mobile system test concepts and objectives.
- Manages one or more System Test Personnel and drives their day-to-day activities.
- Works closely with software developers to create software test work products including test plans, test cases, test procedures, and test reports.
- Prepares software test status reports and presents status to management and customers.
- Performs procedure validations, software builds, and test administration.
- Traces system requirements from customer specifications to test cases.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Test Environments.
- Conducts functional, integration and UAT tests.
- Prepares presentation material and leads Test Readiness Reviews.
- Provides technical guidance and training to junior test personnel.
- Develops and manages test budgets and schedules.
- Keeps abreast of improvements in system test engineering techniques.
- Interfaces with customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Interfaces with the QA organization to perform any corrective actions resulting from reviews and audits.
- Writes device/system procedures and conduct tests.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four year college degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of five years of experience, or a Master’s of Science degree plus three years of experience.
- Experience with testing Transportation industry related backoffice / server applications.
- Strong manual mobile testing experience of native applications (iOS and Android) – Real Devices, Simulator/Emulators
- Understanding of the IOS and Android platforms and ecosystem
- Ability to monitor incoming data and introduce errors if needed
- Ability to anticipate and address all possible edge case scenarios
- Perform internal functional testing and lead the UAT with customers.
- Experience with HTTP, SOAP, RESTful Web Services testing.
- Experience with XML, Databases, SQL and website testing is required.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is required.
- Familiar with unit testing, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering software, and be able to prioritize and conduct multiple tasks under deadline and budget constraints.
- Travel, both domestic and foreign is required in performing on-site testing as required.