Cox Automotive, is seeking a User Interface Engineer II to join our Analytics team in Burlington, VT.
Who We Are + What We Do:
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you’ll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset. Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.
As a User Interface Engineer II you will work in a collaborative Agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. Working in Media Analytics, you will design and implement the visualizations of our analytics product that provides our clients with powerful insights derived using our innovative analytics platform.
You will be applying your knowledge of object-oriented design with appropriate use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will also play a role in providing advice and guidance on UI topics and monitoring emerging trends.
- Works with Product Managers and UX Architects to understand the challenges that end users face and incorporate client feedback to design viable front-end solutions.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning for front-end solutions.
- Architects and implements front-end frameworks to increase development speed-to-market.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced user interface engineers providing technical guidance and oversight
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objectives, assess solution options and devise architectural solutions that both achieve strategic business goals and meet operational requirements.
- Develop visual user experiences, working with project teams to present propositions and strategies.
- Translate concepts into hi-fidelity visual outputs and interactive prototypes.
- Capture multi-disciplinary requirements, and translates those requirements into user experiences, prototypes and final assets.
- Plan UI development activities, building in time for iteration, user feedback and design changes, and articulating the costs and benefits of different design approaches.
- Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance
Technologies we use:
Amazon: AWS SDK, with emphasis on deploying solutions in EMR, Elastic Beanstalk, ElastiCache, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
Devops Tools: NewRelic, Sumo, Jenkins, InfluxDB, Grafana, PagerDuty
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
1–2 years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
What We Look For:
Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
Working experience with application life cycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
Scrum Developer Certification or equivalent is a plus
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Organization:
Cox AutomotivePrimary Location:
US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard StreetEmployee Status: