- Lead a team of engineers (SDE + SDET) towards project/program goals.
- Develops functional processes and operational policies within the area managed.
- Contributes to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- General understanding of business environment. Fosters teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups.
- Ability to learn and apply new tools and applications. Full use and application of standard engineering principles, theories, and concepts.
- Interfaces with senior management to report on project and program milestones.
- Develops and provides challenging yet appropriate assignments, evaluates work, communicates progress toward career development and goals.
- Has budget responsibility and is held accountable for all project-related costs.
- 10+ years of professional experience designing and developing software applications
- 2+ years of development management experience
- Excellent problem analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution skills
- Working Knowledge on Java will be a Plus
- Proficient with Design patterns
- Understanding and hands-on experience with distributed Agile/Scrum process environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.