Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
- Technical Support – SAR, LS and IP – core product offering
Purpose of Position:
The Content and Application Expert (C&A) provides direct as well as secondary support for customer queries on Clarivate Analytics products within assigned business area(s). The position handles complex queries either via escalations from the Customer Technical Support (CTS) Representatives or from customers directly. To achieve this goal, the position requires domain knowledge in the assigned area of business, along with a solid understanding of Clarivate Analytics content and products, market trends and our customer;’s workflow.
Responsibilities of the Content and Application Expert (C&A) position includes, but not limited to;
- Complex / Content-Related Queries: Respond to customer queries regarding the content and/or application functionalities that are more complex and cannot be resolved by the CTS Representative. To improve turnaround time for issue resolution and improved resolution rate and satisfy customers. Analyze and remove obstacles by engaging with global stakeholders.
- Act as Product Expert: Maintain a high level of knowledge about the product area(s) and market(s) through self study, research and analysis, participation in product go-to-market launch activities, along with collaboration among Solution Specialists/Trainers and other referral groups.
- Case Management: Log all the queries and appropriate details including internal/external interactions in the Case Management System, according to the defined policies and processes. Proactively engage with his/her manager(s) for cases that need attention. Execute escalation methodology.
- Establishing Global Relationship: Establish working relationships with the internal referral groups to understand their policies and workflow, in order to facilitate customer queries in a most efficient manner.
- KnowlegeBase Contribution: Support and champion development of knowledgebase content within the responsible products and market segments. Act as the editor/publisher for the KnowledgeBase for content within the assigned area.
- Engaging in Product Development Cycle: Lead in User Acceptance Testing and represent Customer Care in product development related meeting or events. Liaise with Product Management and Development to find a place as part of the development and testing, in order to represent VoC (voice of customer) but also to gain in-depth knowledge about the products. Assist product team by providing customer requirement and market information gathering from customers and participating in new product testing
- Lead weekly Support Forums: Lead or actively participate in forums with product management and various support groups. Attend other internal meetings and be able to represent Customer Care
- Knowledge Sharing: Contribute to enhancing product knowledge and support skills of the CTS Representatives. Train the team on post release findings. Hold knowledge sharing sessions, etc.
- Voice of Customers (VoC): Visit customers to gain insight into their business and the context in which they use our products. Analyze product enhancement requests from customers and prioritize based on such insight. Internalize voice of customers to be fed into the product development cycle.
- Reporting: Run and lead in the development of complex adhoc reports on product utilization, case trends, and product usage, as well as for key customers, and report findings to the management in formulation of issues, analysis of trends and the understanding of outcomes. .
- Sales Lead: Look for opportunities leveraging product expertise and knowledge of our customers. Work with account mgmt. and other stakeholders to strengthen usage and lead development programs.
- Drive Product Usage: Assist customers to achieve their goals by using our products and make our products integral part of the customers’ workflow.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years business experience in either Science & Scholarly Research area or Life Science area or Intellectual and Property area
- Excellent understanding of Clarivate Analytics products in designated area(s) and the markets.
- Proficiency in English is a must. Additional language(s) skills in e.g. Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc. would be a plus.
- Proven experience in customer support within corporate environment, including experience in case management systems. Familiarity with call centre technology is a plus.
- Knowledge of web product delivery, architecture, software and middleware applications, electronic product delivery systems, computers, network operating systems, network architecture/infrastructure.
- Knowledge of database searching and analysis functions
- Knowledge of relevant content areas; i.e. drug development processes, biology, patent or scientific literature.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions both verbally and in writing, using most effective channel including phone, email, chat, in-person.
- Ability to identify, isolate and communicate problems with all levels of customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to develop knowledge and share with others.
- Excellent presentation/training skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple tasks while maintaining the sense of urgency.
- Good project management skills.
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- ‘Research Scholar’ or ‘Research as a vocation’ background in General Scientific disciplines or Life Science area or Intellectual and Property area, preferably with a M. Sc. or Ph. D.
- Experience with Contact Center Operations and CRM functionality
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.