Job Reference #
Do you have experience with legal and regulatory matters that touch the core business of an international bank? Are you interested in answering new and tricky legal questions that cannot be looked up in a book (or Swisslex for that matter)? Would you like to be part in a landscape changing and strategic initiative project? Do you want to help UBS implementing the new Swiss Act on Financial Services (FIDLEG)?
We're looking for someone like you to:
– advise the project management units of the divisions and affected locations on FIDLEG implementation matters (incl. legal analysis in various forms, drafting or amending client facing contracts and documents, participation in project management working groups, review and sign-off of business requirement specifications, review and sign-off of FAQs for client advisors and internal policies, contribute to design and lecture of training modules).
– where necessary engage outside counsel and diligently manage outside counsel cost.
– collaborate with subject matter experts from other teams and functions to achieve the best implementation result which has to always pass the challenging "triangle test" of regulatory compliance, client experience and business interests.
– work in a cross-functional, small and sworn team providing FIDLEG implementation coverage for UBS on a global basis.
FIDLEG Project Legal Counsel, Legal Global IPS (temporary)
Full Time, Part Time, Temporary / Contract
Country / State
Switzerland - Zürich
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Regulatory Change Investor Protection team within Legal Global IPS. We provide the FIDLEG project management units across all divisions and affected locations of UBS with high-quality and timely implementation advice. Your daily work will be driven by FIDLEG topics such as client classification, investor profiling, suitability & appropriateness, information and documentation duties, prospectus and basic information sheet content and distribution requirements, client order handling (incl. securities lending and best execution), delegation and outsourcing arrangements with other financial service providers, conflict of interest management (incl. retrocession handling), client dossier edition procedures and dispute settlement. Further topics include the extraterritorial effect of FIDLEG and its interlocks with e.g. the Swiss Collective Investment Schemes Act (CISA), the Swiss Code of Obligations (CO) or the Swiss Data Protection Act (DPA). Our goal is to enable the project management units to implement FIDLEG as efficiently and effectively as possible and to ensure that the wider legal function and senior management across all divisions and affected locations is closely looped in along the way.
Your experience and skills
– a Swiss degree in law and admittance to the bar (additional relevant education like an LL.M. is an asset)
– 2-5 years of practical experience in international banking or in an international law firm
– an interest in complex and new legal and regulatory issues
– a great team player and communicator with strong interpersonal skills, able to defend the legal stand towards project management and other stakeholders
– spotting and connecting cross-divisional dots and good in thinking one step ahead
– fluent in German and English (French, Italian or other languages are an asset)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?