Philippines-National Capital Region-Quezon City
Job Posting Date
Mar 21, 2018, 9:02:52 AM
To support the Digital Intelligence group through business systems and data analysis, business intelligence and project management, by combining analytics, marketing and information technology (database) skills.
- Extracts/generates quantitative information from a single or multiple tools (Business Intelligence Tools - ie: Tableau, Toad, etc) and/or from databases using standard queries (basic coding)
- Communicates with resource person to get input/raw data needed for report generation
- Conducts research to gather qualitative information (market need, market size, ethnography, competitive product information, industry trends, and check product specifications) from internal & external sources that will be used for analysis
- Consolidates and combines extracted data from multiple resources using automated tools (excel, macro, database), and/or from different system tools in one single database using queries (SQL, MS Access) standardize data structure from different data sources
- Analyses gathered information & data using descriptive analytics (basic mathematics & comparative analysis), diagnostic analytics (root cause analysis, gap analysis), predictive and prescriptive analytics (data interpretation, data correlation & statistics)
- Performs research and analysis to validate if the detailed solution is the best fit to meet the requirements
- Creates process maps, user journey maps or application/database design using standard project templates
- Introduces and tests new technologies to continuously improve the technical capabilities of the team
- Reviews and assesses prototypes in terms of relevance and application to the requirements of the customers
Project Testing and Deployment
- Sets up UAT (informing participants, scheduling, gathering results)
- Implements the necessary fix or improvement for basic functionalities based on the UAT results
- Creates user manuals using standard templates of the team
- Creates test cases, finalizes and/or approves to be used during UAT
- Finalizes and approves the test cases to be used during UAT
- Reviews the objective in comparison to the actual output
- Create, recommends and seek approval for UAT plan (data back-up/migration, communication, cut-offs, code freeze, production server setup)
- Implements the basic change request (document uploads, library creation, account creation, banner update, meta-tagging, simple typography, price updates)
- Implements the minor and/or major change request (document uploads, library creation, content change for desktop, adding new page based on standard templates, scripting, interactive content)
- Performs testing of published web content
- Recommends improvement on change request and processes
- Gathers requirements and approvals needed
- Monitors the progress of all transactions
- Reviews and analyzes web project requirements and approvals needed.
- Provides recommendations on the content
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Management or any related field
- At least 2-5 years work experience in the IT Business Systems processes with relevant experience in data mining, manipulation, analysis and reporting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency Level 3 - Advanced Formulas, Pivot Tables & VBA Macro
- Data Manipulation & Interpretation
- Web Development, design and Programming, Database management/maintenance, Root Cause / Gap Analysis, Project Management
- 2 Full Time positions available
- Willing to work on a mid shift schedule (3:00PM - 12:00AM, Monday to Friday)
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.