Philippines-National Capital Region-Pasig
Job Posting Date
Mar 21, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
The Proposal Engineer will be working in a team environment as part of the Remote Automation Solutions Group. He/ She will work in conjunction with Emerson’s Sales resources to:
- Manage and coordinate responses to Quote Request Form (QRF)
- Generate technical and commercial proposals
- Provide technical support for proposal generation.
- Identify the effort
- Identify the Bill of Material
- Coordinate approvals
- Issue proposal
- Identify exceptions and assumptions and provide appropriate clarifications.
- Ensure compliance to accepted process, technical, ISO and formatting standards
Previous Experience / Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (any of the following industries: oil and gas, chemical, refining, pharmaceutical, or other fluid process control environment)
- Knowledge in instrumentation and control systems
- Project proposal generation experience desirable
- Project management experience desirable
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Networking Skills and Knowledge of LAN and WAN systems and communication protocol (including ModBus, Profibus, Field bus, etc.) desirable
- Experience with cabinet/field wiring and layout desirable is a plus
- Excellent English, oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, hardworking, self-motivated and customer-oriented
- Team player, ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Willing to work in shifted hours according to business needs
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills
- Ability to understand business processes and concerns
- Strong analytical skills and focus on technical product aspects and applications.
- Able to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audience
- Ability to understand and capture business and technical requirements.
- Ability to develop a broad awareness of the customer's technical specifications and emerging technologies with enough knowledge to determine what is and is not possible
- Ability to do multi-tasking and make personal decisions
- Ability to adapt quickly to sudden change in processes and systems is a must
- Minimal Travel: 5-10%
Imagine being surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Our diverse and inclusive team combines technology and engineering in a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
This exciting environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $22.3 billion in sales and facilities in 141 countries. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Explore them now and join us in doing what’s never been done before.