We are seeking the best and brightest people to help build solar energy across the globe.
- 8minutenergy Renewables is the energy price leader and largest independent solar PV developer in the United States. Founded in 2009, 8minutenergy has developed a project portfolio of 5.5 GW and has been awarded 1.5 GW in PPA, of which 800+ MW are in operation.
- 8minutenergy is passionate about providing the highest value to our customers while delivering strong financial returns. Recent 8minutenergy projects have broken industry milestones, such as Springbok 2 Solar Farm which became the first project in California to beat fossil fuel prices.
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance ranked 8minutenergy as having the 3rd largest utility scale solar, working with land transaction processes, local communities and local land offices, local and state transmission utilities and partners to secure viable locations and interconnections for solar generation facilities. The person selected for this position should lead and provide the electrical inputs to the 8minutenergy core team, supervising the electrical activities and overall promising that the project has aligned with the utility requirements and meets the requirements of the Electrical characteristics.
The successful candidate should have had previous experience in similar areas and the candidate will be supported by the Company’s core team and local stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Direct, organize, support, execute, and coordinate those efforts required for the safely and efficiently development and completion of 50-100 MW solar PV project.
- Engage on the acquisition process for the solar site, transmission line right of way and substation.
- Liaise with land’s legal counsel, Land Offices, and other stakeholders for the solar site, transmission line right of way and substation.
- Identify and secure land rights for least-cost transmission line right of way, and collaborate with local land offices, surveyors and contractors.
- Coordinate with 8minutenergy’s transmission team in the preparation of interconnection studies.
- Manage the interconnection process and develop relationships with key stakeholders; liaison with PGCB to securing design acceptance and approval.
- Obtain local and state government approvals; for example, development permits, easement for transmission line and environmental assessments and permits.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with landowners, communities and other project stakeholders as projects progress to completion.
- Obtain and provide support for environmental assessment, permitting and reporting.
- Work with the EPC teams on specification and application of generation equipment, providing design inputs for the Electrical and other installation to the project
- Reporting & updates to management in Country and overseas.
- Sc. Engineering in Civil/Electrical from any accepted and reputed university with 12+ years of experience
- Advanced education on the facility development, transmission line planning, design supervision, project execution, securing ROW and overall supervision of transmission line activities
- Experience and track record in energy generation in Bangladesh, transmission line planning in public & private sector
- Knowledge of transmission and interconnection processes
- Ability to be successful in an organization that is strictly compliant to FCPA (Foreign Corruption Practice Act)
- Ability to work on-site and travel as needed