We are seeking the best and brightest people to help build solar energy across the globe.
- 8minutenergy Renewables is the energy price leader and largest independent solar PV developer in the United States. Founded in 2009, 8minutenergy has developed a project portfolio of 5.5 GW and has been awarded 1.5 GW in PPA, of which 800+ MW are in operation.
- 8minutenergy is passionate about providing the highest value to our customers while delivering strong financial returns. Recent 8minutenergy projects have broken industry milestones, such as Springbok 2 Solar Farm which became the first project in California to beat fossil fuel prices.
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance ranked 8minutenergy as having the 3rd largest utility scale solar, working with land transaction processes, local communities and local land offices, local and state transmission utilities and partners to secure viable locations and interconnections for solar generation facilities. The person selected for this position should lead and provide the electrical inputs to the 8minutenergy core team, supervising the electrical activities and overall promising that the project has aligned with the utility requirements and meets the requirements of the Electrical characteristics.
The successful candidate should have had previous experience in similar areas and the candidate will be supported by the Company’s core team and local stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Direct, organize, execute, and coordinate all electrical activities required for the safely and efficiently completion of 50-100 MW solar PV projects.
- Coordinate with 8minutenergy transmission team for electrical inputs, electrical system planning, interconnection study, and liaison with PGCB for securing the design acceptance & approval and lead the construction activities.Interact with electrical contractors during installation on any design, installation and commissioning related issues. Develop technical or process documentation.
- Obtain local and state government approvals; including PGCB, BERC, BPDB, or Electricity Board.
- Manage the interconnection process and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work with the EPC teams on specification and application of generation equipment, providing design inputs for the Electrical and other installation to the project.
- Coordinate with contractor, subcontractor, and other electrical supplier, solar panel, combiner box, inverter, tracker, SCADA, transmission line construction, supervision and commissioning.
- Supervision of Low Voltage, Medium Voltage and High Voltage installations, testing and commissioning.
- Preparation and submission of weekly, fortnightly and monthly report on project progress.
- Responsible for Installation, Erection, commissioning and supervision of SPV projects. Coordinating all the phases of the solar PV project.
- Sc. Engineering in Electrical from BUET or any accepted and reputed university with 5-7 years of experience
- Education and learning on the Electrical Design, Trouble Shooting, Electrical Fault analysis.
- Experience and track record in Power Plant & energy generation in Bangladesh, transmission line planning in public or private sector
- Ability to be successful in an organization that is strictly compliant to FCPA (Foreign Corruption Practice Act)
- Ability to work on-site and travel as needed