Job Reference #
Are you passionate about delivering innovative applications? Have you worked in an agile team delivering E-Banking solutions? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
- drive and review technical and architectural designs of global front end web based solutions and help to formulate a roadmap which includes not only technical but also banking business domain aspects
- enforce architectural design guidelines and challenge status quo
- collaborate across cross divisions and cross locations IT teams in building software components
- review the quality of development deliverables
- work closely with other software architects to enhance the current application landscape and bring new applications alive
- support the team in resolving high-priority defect
Senior IT Software Architect E-Banking
Country / State
Switzerland - Zürich
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the application delivery department, as part of the digital factory.
Our goal is to create global E-Banking and Client Advisor solutions by sharing the architecture vision, modelling the presentation of our services, mapping data flows, and ensuring component integration in an agile team setup.
Your experience and skills
- at a minimum, a degree level qualification and have 5+ years of experience pre-dominantly in software delivery in web based solutions.
- an analytical mindset, strong architectural and design experience with central solutions
- extensive hands-on Java development experience and experience with user centric design methodology
- proven experience of leading and managing the technical delivery of innovative solutions in agile and waterfall oriented teams
- excellent interpersonal skills to form productive and collaborative cross-team relationships
- experience in designing and documenting technical solutions in a clear, concise, complete and structured manner
- a background in financial services with private banking domain know-how
- passionate about delivering stable solutions
- interested to work on client facing applications
- fluent in German and English
- technically savvy with an appreciation for IT capability and familiar with databases and service oriented architecture
- adaptable, able to work across teams, functions and regions
- a fast learner that challenges the status quo and constantly drives for improvement
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?