Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Our Professional Services Engagement / Project Manager for Financials will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution on some of our largest projects.
The Engagement Manager will drive the client implementation and will be involved in the development of several key project deliverables (e.g., charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.) and work with the Client project manager to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success. The Engagement Manager will also be responsible for managing to the agreed to budget and delivering the project profitably.
- Become an expert in Workday's Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements.
- Project Manage 1 - 2 large Workday product implementations.
- Demonstrate competency in the Workday Financials product suite.
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to those Professional Service resources working on their implementations.
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed
- Full project P+L ownership
- Work with the client project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or timeframes.
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints.
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices.
- Be a liaison for professional services when interacting with sales and/or development.
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings.
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation.
- Assist in the transition of the customer from professional services to product support.
- Ensure the project is delivered within the budget outlined in the SOW.
- Present client with change orders in the event they're asking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW.
- Extensive experience project managing large financial implementations for complex multi-national organisations
- In-depth knowledge of General Ledger and Financial Reporting
- Experience of managing 3rd parties in a project
- Excellent organisation, time management, and communication skills
- Project Management experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Fluency in English and French
Additional experience desired:
- CPA and/or advanced Accounting degree
- Past experience working in an Accounting position
- Knowledge in 2 of the following areas: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Expenses, Billing, Grant and/or Fund Management, Procurement, Fixed Assets, Projects, Cash/Treasury or Financial Reporting
- Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft or similar application
- Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company
- Services industry experience a plus
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills
- Passion for customer service
- Business development skills
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company a plus