Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
Main Purpose of Role:
Clarivate Analytics is seeking a commercially focused HRBP who will help embed the strategic HR agenda specific to business unit needs and objectives. Working with business leaders and employees, the HR Business partner will assist in driving the overall people strategy and solutions that align with the business and operational goals of Technology business unit. This role will work closely with assigned business leaders to provide a combination of strategic and tactical support in order to address core business needs and further enable the growth agenda.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Drives the deployment of a full range of HR services for internal customer base. Ensures business unit goals are cascaded across all departments, and are aligned with high performance strategies for assigned functional areas supported.
• Identifies key engagement drivers and develops the supporting strategies to align people, processes, and work related systems in order to achieve meaningful levels of job satisfaction and retention for employee base.
• Drives all functional reorganizations and change initiatives, and develops/implements communication strategies for functional areas supported.
• Works closely with the function leaders to provide strategic and tactical HR support in order to address core business needs.
• Provides HR expertise and counsel on staffing strategies and acquisition of key talent. Proactively identifies and monitors key talent to ensure that the "right people" are in the "right positions" to support growth initiatives for the organization.
• Drives consistency in administering human resources policies and procedures to ensure that employees receive appropriate and reasonable treatment.
• Highly effective coaching and consulting skills with a proven track record in quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders
• Business acumen. Ability to quickly learn, understand, and remain current on the drivers to company performance, the industry, customer segments, the company value proposition and how the business retains competitive advantage in the marketplace
• Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Results oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Demonstrate success in providing sound direction and consultancy on key functional areas including Employment Relations and Talent / Performance Management
• Ability to build strategic partnership. Builds relationships internally and externally Collaborates across the organization to maximize outcomes
• Workforce analytics. Understands the workforce demographics, critical capabilities, and trends impacting the specific functions being supported.
• Change agent. Acts as a catalyst for change. Removes roadblocks to create alignment between business goals and behaviors that drive performance.
• Talent mind-set. Understands the importance of building the future capabilities of the organization.
• Strong written/oral communication skills, effective presentation and facilitation abilities
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, HRIS systems, progressive compensation and talent management applications highly preferred. Key Experiences:
• Proven HR experience to include time spent in a strategic HR Generalist role as well as cross functional HR positions – i.e. Talent management, Organizational Effectiveness and/or Organizational Development
• Having a global pallet of experiences. Worked across different cultures, cross boundaries – not necessary in other countries but having the mindset to be able work and manage to a global remit • Organizational Savvy. Experience in having navigated a complex matrix and getting things done despite red tape and bureaucracy
• Ability to navigate and build relationships at all levels across the organization and operating through ambiguity and being networked
• Demonstrated success partnering with senior level business clients and experience in developing and implementing change initiatives with a solid track record for delivering results
• Experience working autonomously, making sound judgments and providing appropriate recommendations within complex organizations Key Characteristics:
• Genuine interest, curiosity and passion for the business • Courage to challenge and act as the conscience of the organization. Speak up and have a voice at the management table even if not popular • High degree of emotional intelligence / ego maturity demonstrated through good judgment, intuition, self- awareness and awareness of others. Flexibility to adapt style and method based on what is needed.
• Ability to influence outcomes specifically beyond the hierarchy of their role, through personal presence and confidence
• Being able to roll with the punches, deal with difficult clients / customers and be able to react quickly within a constantly changing environment. A ‘can do’ attitude. If plan A doesn’t work, what is the plan B to get us there. Strong delivery and execution despite roadblocks.
• Credibility both across HR and within the business. Achieved through proven delivery, execution and gaining the trust and confidence of the business Education:
• Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive human resources generalist / business partnering experience
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.