Position Title: Team Leader Fund Accounting
Supervisory role in the performance of Fund Accounting related activities.
Evaluates and reconciles complex funds including mutual, hedge fund, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports or for daily valuation. Verifies complex transactions, audits income reports within scheduled timeframes and resolves exceptions on a daily basis for fund accounts.
Core Skills & Competencies Required:
• Strong accounting / financial services/ capital markets work experience or equivalent knowledge
• Demonstrate through examples /evidence of strong operations knowledge including secondary review & controls, risks & mitigation
• Demonstrate through examples /evidence day to day team management, mentor/coach team members and sharing feedback
• Demonstrate through examples /evidence analytical ability, problem solving, and escalation of issues
• Intermediate proficiency of MS Office specifically Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrate through examples /evidence excellent written and verbal language skills, ability to independently address technical & non-technical issues, knowledge share / training sessions conducted , proactively troubleshoot and manage escalations, and work with global teams
• Demonstrate through examples /evidence, the above listed core skills and competencies in the current role over a period.
• Candidate to have a minimum 6 years of experience in related industry, currently working as a Technical Coordinator (24 months in the role) / Team Leader with at least 2 years in supervising teams.
• Partner should be flexible to work in any of the three locations (Manyata, GVT & Pune).
Major Duties / Key Responsibilities:
• Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks and requests for information
• Ensure Valuations are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Carry out duties in accordance with procedures and SLDs
• Work closely with Manager on various processes / projects
• Ensure all fees / expenses are paid on time
• Reconcile all queries in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
• Manage any potentially difficult situations which may impact on the clients by developing a close working relationship with client / client facing contacts.
• To proactively and effectively establish a level of client knowledge ensuring all requirements is met and allow the team build the relationship further.
• Proactively seek to identify and improve current core procedures.
• Seek to learn quickly and strive to continually improve service offered.
• Encourage others to come forward with ideas.
• Look to meet and improve the preparation of client reporting.
• Act as effective team leader within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate.
• Deliver training /coaching effectively.
• Provide objective and regular feedback to staff.
• Liaise with other units – Shareholder Services, Trustee, Data Management, Control etc.
• Consistently prioritise team goals above individual goals.
• Manage the team in order that all deadlines are met in an efficient manner.
• Understand risk in own team; help others to understand this and to recognise that risk is everyone’s responsibility.
• Respond flexibly to the needs of the current situation, amend own work program to deliver desired outputs.
• Perform tasks of defined processes or procedures and check for errors. Ensure procedures in relation to all tasks are adhered to, including daily NAV Pack reviews, and ownership of the monthly control process and fund checklists.
• Support the implementation of business plans.
• Manage the allocation of the workload in a fair and efficient manner.
• Delegate appropriately.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Visit our Careers Site and Talent Network at http://careers.NorthernTrust.com
Like us on http://Facebook.com/NTcareers and Follow us on Twitter @NTcareers
It is the policy and practice of Northern Trust to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. Northern Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or age. All employment decisions will be made in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our obligations under the law and codes of practice. This includes human resources’ decisions relating to recruitment, terms and conditions of employment, transfers, promotions and access to learning and development.
Northern Trust does not authorize external parties to conduct recruiting events or extend offers of employment on its behalf. It is also not our policy to charge or collect fees of any kind from educational institutions or from candidates for participation in a recruitment event, recruitment process, or to receive offers of employment.