BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
With operations all over the world and a range of investment products and services, BlackRock is one of the most complex financial services organizations servicing clients today. In order to achieve operational excellence, BlackRock’s operations teams ensure BlackRock's corporate, mid and back-office functions are consistent and efficient across investment products, client channels and regions.
The Aladdin Product Group’s Business Operations & Enterprise Systems team provides technology solutions for BlackRock's operations teams in addition to external client operations teams including investment accounting, performance measurement, reconciliations, derivatives management, corporate systems and client onboarding, reporting and invoicing. The team is responsible for a suite of applications including performance calculation engines, client reporting systems, reconciliation, invoicing and data publication tools. We innovate incrementally and focus on high level of client service through responsiveness, accuracy and efficiency.
We are seeking a software engineer with significant experience in full stack development using modern technologies. The successful candidate will be part of a global engineering team building a modern client platform supporting BlackRock’s global business process.
An ideal candidate should be a fast learner of new tools and technologies. Have passion for continuous research inside and outside their current focus. Must be able to improvise and think across disciplines. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate technical terminology to non-technical people. Must be an excellent team player and be able to offer support and establish trust with our partners in business operations.
This role offers the opportunity to partner with proficient software engineers to continue the build out of Aladdin's operational capabilities. These are heavily relied upon products used across BlackRock and external clients. This position will deal with some of the latest technologies, such as AngularJS, Hibernate, Spring, GIT, Node.JS, Apache Spark, Solr, Cassandra and more. The role will also afford the chance to learn about the financial industry.
• Work alongside project managers, technical leads and business analysts to add value throughout the SDLC cycle.
• Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment.
• Develop and maintain strategic operational systems, tools and processes, including participation in tactical and strategic development projects.
• Understand and refine business and functional requirements.
• Ensure software stability via regression, unit and user acceptance testing so production operations run successfully.
• Partner with client support teams to provide level two support.
• Must have a strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize time and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Interest in financial markets is preferred.
• Experience with Open Source tools (Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Hibernate, Ant, Ivy, Spring, JUnit, etc.).
• Experience with relational database development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling). Sybase experience preferred.
• Experience with object oriented scripting design and development experience (Python, Perl).
• Experience with UNIX experience (ksh, bash, shell scripts).
• Experience with at least one NoSQL Database (Apache Cassandra) is a plus.
• Experience with C++ is a plus.
• CS degree or equivalent experience.
• Independent, motivated, and collaborative.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.