Functional Area:IT - Information TechnologyEstimated Travel Percentage (%):Relocation Provided:AIG Shared Services Corporation
As an integral member of the Corporate Systems team, the Senior Database Developer will be responsible for application software design, development, and support of one or more of AIG’s Investments platforms. He/She is responsible for oversight of high and low level solution design, liaising with multiple teams to troubleshoot production incidents, identifying opportunities to deliver technology improvements in systems and initiate work to do so where cost-benefit is justified and ensuring solutions meet functional and technical requirements as measured by ongoing maintenance, cost, performance, scalability, and compliance with technology standards.
Successful candidates should be self-driven, able to work with minimum supervision and have extensive experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, ETL processing, Reporting. A background in Insurance/Financial Services is a nice to have skill set.
• Analyze functional needs that drive the design of quality technical solutions; recommend solutions that are aligned with business / IT strategies and comply with corporate architectural standards.
• Analyze performance and capacity issues with systems / applications software and/or application components. Design and develop stored procedures, packages and batch loading processes in Oracle.
• Provide programming and business analysis support for design, development, and application testing.
• Develop and review deliverables including requirement, design and test documents.
• Collaborate with functional and technical teams to resolve technical database related issues.
• Responsible for all aspects of system development and maintenance, which includes: requirements gathering, system analysis and design, documentation, coding, testing, implementation, researching and resolving production problems and supporting end users to resolve issues.
• 5-10 years of experience as Team Lead/Senior Developer working in Oracle PL/SQL, MS-SQL Server, Autosys.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, using them to resolve technical problems.
• Possesses a good understanding of business requirements and IT strategies.
• Experience in data extract, migration, queuing, and replication facilities.
• Analyzes functional needs that drive the technical design of quality technical solutions.
• Recommends solutions that are aligned with business / IT strategies and comply with corporate architectural standards.
• Prepare project artifacts: LLD, test scripts, run books and other project documentation.
• Advanced SQL tuning skills.
• Familiarity with standard development toolkits including source repositories (TFS), SQL interpreters (TOAD), IDEs (.Net), etc.
• Understanding of Vendor Data for Security Master, Ratings, Pricing.
• Experience on ETL design and development is a plus.
• Experience on Reporting design and development is a plus.
• Requires familiarity with Financial Services, Asset and/or Investment Management business concepts.
• Understanding of change control and deployment procedures.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced agile team environment to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
• Nice to have skills: NO SQL Background (Mongo DB, Cassandra etc.).
• Data handling & scripting Languages (Python, R etc.).
• Bachelors of Science: Computer Science, or related technical fields
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives