Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Buyer will apply sound procurement techniques to support acquisition planning, acquisition strategies, and subsequent acquisition of materials and simple services to support program related efforts. The successful candidate will accomplish these objectives through daily, competent performance of the following duties:
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and standard commercial procurement practices
- Review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Develop sourcing lists for various commodities to support the development of requests for information (RFIs), quotations (RFQs), proposals (RFPs) and invitations to bid and interviews potential suppliers.
- Review solicitation responses and perform relevant analyses to include price and cost, ensure conformity to Statement of Work, delivery terms, payment terms, and other terms and conditions of the procurement.
- Serve as a business advisor to internal customers, providing alternative solutions to requested items when such solution would provide a benefit to the Company (i.e. enhanced performance, cost savings, or positive schedule impact).
- Negotiate all aspects of the procurement to include price, payment and delivery terms, quality requirements, and other factors with suppliers to achieve the best value procurement possible.
- Generate Purchase Orders in final form for approval and signature.
- Prepare and maintain complete Purchase Order files in accordance with Federal Acquisition policies, Corporate Procurement guidance, and other applicable references to ensure compliance throughout the procurement cycle.
- Procure using streamlined acquisition methods such as purchase card transactions
- Actively manage the procurement process from order placement through receipt of products and subsequent payment of invoices.
- Actively manage supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions
- Participate in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, and resolve issues as necessary.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks to perform job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Work professionally in a team environment and independently as necessary
- Identify problems, analyze alternatives, and develop viable recommendations.
- Read, comprehend and interpret written materials of moderate to complex difficulty.
- Compose written materials of moderate to complex difficulty on procurement-related issues.
- Act with integrity at all times when representing the Company
Detailed description of experience, training, and other requirements for job performance:
Qualified candidate will have 5-7 years of experience in buying in support of a government contract. Candidate must also possess a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR/DFARS). The candidate must be proficient in Cost Point ERP and basic office software applications (such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer). Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
A Top Secret Clearance is preferred but not required.
Travel Requirements: Travel between Falls Church, VA and Fredericksburg, VA may be required from time to time.
PAE is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster