Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Ensures food safety and quality of all products manufactured. Responsible for ensuring specifications are defined and communicated, formalizing process capability, institutionalizing process control and predictive quality processes. Performs inspections of processes, employee training, compliance with applicable local, state, and federal food laws and regulations and verifies plant Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plans. Defines best practices for lab and sanitation effectiveness while providing guidance and adherence to quality policies. Actively participates in resolving customer/consumer complaints. Integral part of plant leadership team. Provides support to Sales, R&D, RQI and Operations on customer issues, questions and concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Manages all laboratory activities for the testing & evaluation of raw ingredients, processed batches and finished products to meet customer and ConAgra specifications
- Assures lab test results are timely, precise and accurate
- Assures allergens are being managed appropriately
- Manages all plant sanitation activities to meet ConAgra standards
- Manages quality and lab technicians to maintain adequate support for production
- Maintain the integrity and calibration of all lab test equipment
- Summarize technical data monthly to identify defect trends and corrective actions
- Trains and motivates subordinates in the performance of their duties
- Responds to all customer complaints involving technical or quality issues
- Monitors and maintains sanitation and GMP procedures for the plant
- Responsible for GMP and sanitation audits of operations and warehouse areas
- Represents the Quality department in department meetings
- Monitors and maintains the “Hold, Rework and Return” programs
- Responsible for disposition of all held product with input from the Plant Manager as needed
- Acts as liaison for all technical and quality control issues between operations and sales departments
- Represents the facility in all regulatory activities
- Monitor and maintain the plant insect and rodent control programs
- Monitor and maintain the HACCP program
- Back up to Sanitation or Quality Team Lead when required
- Plant SQF practitioner
Education and/or Experience:
- 5 years of QA/QC experience in the food manufacturing industry required.
- Direct knowledge of food manufacturing regulations, food plant sanitation, microbiology, pest control, and SPC required.
- 3+ years Supervisory/Management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or equivalent field of study required.
- Continuous improvement background desired.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong computer application skills, network and PC business application software.
- Basic mathematical and statistical skills.
- Basic financial skills and understanding.
- Proficient in problem solving.
- Must work and communicate well with all levels of management, plant workers, and customers.
- Familiarity with FDA Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA) and how to apply to food safety plans
- PCQI (Preventive Controls Qualified Individual) certification
- Experience using Statistical Process Control (SPC). Ability to analyze data and translate results into actionable activities.
Food Safety & Quality:
- Responsible for food safety and quality.
- Shall complete an orientation process which provides training in the Key Concepts of Food Safety and Quality.
- Shall understand that identification of any failures in these areas is their responsibility. If they identify a deficiency in Food Safety and/or Quality, they are responsible for taking corrective action and reporting the issue to their direct supervisor or Quality supervisor.
- The Quality Manual is available to this employee on the shared Dickson Network drive.
- Monitor production work methods to manage overall product to meet USDA and quality objectives.
- Must wear proper PPE
- Understand Allergens and Component Specs
- Follow SSOP’s and GMP’s
- Perform basic housekeeping and 5S Audits
- Basic Organizational Skills
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.