Job ID: JR0058745
Job Category: Engineering Management
Primary Location: Folsom, CA US
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Software Engineering Manager
Are you passionate about computer graphics and disrupt the industry with your innovation? Working with leading Engineers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture? Do you love leading employees to achieve their best? Do you love collaborating with a diverse teams to help achieve Best–In-Class visual experiences that enable users to immerse themselves in a new visual future? If so then our Visual and Parallel Computing Group (VPG) has opportunities for you. In VPG we deliver Intel's 3D graphics, media, display GPU, and Parallel Computing Technology. The Software Engineer operation team is within VPG and we develop drivers and related technology for Intel's processor graphics customers. We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our team and who is ready to make significant impact in the graphics and visual computing. You will help us by setting and tracking budgets, and improving related processes and efficiencies to ensure that our amazing new products and technologies are completed on time and on budget.
Behavioral traits that we are looking for:
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to technical detail, data analysis and situational problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present complex issues with clarity to drive decisions.
Areas of ownership that you will be responsible for include:
- You will set priorities for the team, get results across boundaries, ensure an inclusive work environment, develop employees, and manage performance.
- Manage a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers, architects, technical writers and technical consultants who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support. This might include systems software, drivers, high performance computing, development tools, enterprise applications, consumer applications or user interfaces.
- You may also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
What we offer you:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As the 7th largest global company in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive and boredom-free environment, where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, or Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corp.).
- We provide unique benefits that cater to your needs: flexible work hours, private medical plan, travel medical care, life and disability insurance.
- We encourage working hard, but also playing hard! Intel employees are eligible for creative perks such as special recreation activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more.
If you are passionate about this opportunity and ready to help us create the next generation of technologies that will transfer the future for decades to come? If so then we encourage you to apply and be part of our team.
You have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer/ Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or related field with 9 years of experience.
Your experience should be in the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability to hire, train and lead teams to successful project outcomes
- Proven track record developing, maintaining stable distributed system Software
- Software development, deployment, hosting, developer operations and management experience (Dev Ops)
- Development and support of Automated Test Frameworks
- Distributed System Architecture
- Proven track record managing software engineers at a first line or middle management level
Preferred Skills and Experience that will make you stand out
Inside this Business Group
- Experience managing teams that developed Windows/MacOS/Linux Device Drivers or 3D Graphics Applications
- Good understanding of graphics architecture, CPU system architecture & OS fundamentals
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.