CA-ON-North York-Toronto Regional Office Starbucks - Finance
Now Brewing – Business Analysis Manager, Supply Chain! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
“When you’re surrounded by people who share a passionate commitment around a common purpose, anything is possible. Dream more than others think practical.”
– Howard Schultz, Starbucks Coffee Company
Role: Business Analysis Manager, Supply Chain, Starbucks Coffee Canada
Reports To: Finance Director, Starbucks Coffee Canada
Location: Toronto, Canada
As a Business Analysis Manager you will assist in achieving the company’s goals by providing financial leadership to the Supply Chain team. This includes planning and forecasting, as well as analytical and strategic support for new growth initiatives.
· Be the analytical thought partner to the Supply Chain VP and other senior leaders in marketing/category, finance and retail sales. Own the analytics for key projects, lead monthly performance tracking and help improve core processes.
· Partner with Supply Chain leaders to evaluate the merits of growth and productivity initiatives. Own financial modeling to help shape final recommendations and decisions. Projects can include optimizing product sourcing and logistics, investing capital to support growth, among others.
· Track total supply chain results, monitoring KPIs and trends to elevate COGS and margin management. Uncover trends and insights that shape productivity strategies and improve performance.
· Assist in the Strategic Planning process, providing analytical support for longer-term business strategies.
· Maintain relationships with U.S. counter-parts, leveraging best practices to enhance our Canadian business.
· Bachelor's Degree (business, finance or accounting specialization preferred).
· 5-7 years of financial analytical and planning experience.
· Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills.
· Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong collaboration and communication skills.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills.
· Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
· Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
· Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty.
· Develops Continuously: Continuously seeks opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust and honesty and commits to developing partners to achieve their potential.
· Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results.