- Work with silicon engineering, Operations and Software teams to define requirements and implement system-level test procedures that can be deployed in high volume manufacturing.
- Support ongoing improvement of test coverage, debug of customer returns, and migration of test coverage from system level to automated test equipment.
- Work with silicon engineering, operations and software teams to define the requirements for system-level test of silicon products (e.g. functional coverage, speed testing, test time constraints, connectivity, etc.). System-level test should complement (not duplicate) testing done on automated test equipment (ATE).
- Translate the system-level test/coverage requirements into practical tests that can be implemented using Cavium’s software infrastructure.
- Work with Operations team to implement, characterize, and deploy system-level test on a product-by-product basis.
- Participate directly in 1st silicon bring-up of new chips so that system-level screening can be used to generate early samples.
- As new product features are added (for example, coherent chip-to-chip interconnect), devise new system-level test methods to achieve efficient coverage
- Work with Operations team to migrate coverage from system-level test to ATE for products where elimination of system-level test is required
- Work with Operations and Customer Engineering teams to debug customer returns and address coverage holes
- Sustain and improve system-level test for existing/legacy products as new software releases become available
- 6+ years related experience
- Strong knowledge/experience with low-level CPU architecture
- Strong knowledge/experience with diagnostic/test algorithms and methods for testing CPU components such as embedded memories, I/O interfaces, processor cores, etc.
- Strong knowledge/experience on how to achieve high coverage using system-level functional testing.
- Strong programming/scripting skills (C, Perl, etc.), and familiarity with Linux system administration and configuration.
- Strong hands-on debug and problem solving skills to be able to root cause failures (for back-porting from system-level test to ATE, and for addressing escapes from system-level test).
- Understanding of automated test equipment (ATE) methods is a plus
- Master’s Degree a plus
- Ability to interface internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Self-driven individual who works with a minimum of supervision and is a good team player
- Must have effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Has an inherent sense of urgency and accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE or CS, Masters Degree is a plus
Cavium, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.