Who We Are…
The Employee Communications team, part of CTC’s Corporate Affairs group, is responsible for communicating strategically important and brand-driven content to corporate employees across CTC, using vehicles such as Workplace by Facebook, internal TV systems, Executive presentations and other targeted communication channels. The team advises on communications approaches, creates exclusive employee content, and measures effectiveness of employee communications strategies, working in close collaboration with teams across the business.
The Advisor, Employee Communications, is responsible for advising on and executing a range of Employee Communications campaigns. Reporting directly to the Manager, Employee Communications, the Advisor works with specific client groups, business leaders and/or campaigns to create, deliver on and measure communications campaigns that drive forward business priorities or objectives, as well as generally advising on communications best practices. The Advisor is part of a larger team responsible for employee communications across Canadian Tire Corporation, and collaborates with peers across all areas of the business.
- Lead employee communications planning, execution and measurement for specific client groups or internal campaigns
- Collaborate with the broader Employee Communications, Corporate Affairs and cross-functional teams to balance and prioritize communications priorities
- Support the team’s efforts to balance resources by appropriately delegating, mentoring and/or completing tactical tasks to colleagues such as the team’s Coordinator and Specialist, as well as peer Advisors
- Provide presentation, writing and communication engagement support to a range of business leaders
- Create and/or edit written and visual content for distribution across multiple employee communication channels, in keeping with CTC’s voice, strategic priorities and visual identity
- Adhere to and provide input on quality assurance practices to ensure guidelines, standards and deadlines are met
- Actively lead idea generation to consistently elevate the results and reputation of the Employee Communications team
- Provide sound advice to clients on communications best practices
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Journalism or other relevant degree/diploma
- 3-5 years of progressive communications experience, in a dedicated communications role
- Proven commitment to coaching, mentoring and advising colleagues at all levels, to support continuous learning and development
- Impeccable written communication skills, with a working knowledge of CP Style
- Superior creative idea generation, organization, time management and prioritization, coupled with proactive problem solving abilities
- Strong visual communication and presentation design skills, ideally with experience creating infographics or animations, and storyboarding videos
- Proven track record for operating collaboratively and delivering measurable outcomes in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, brand-centric environment
- Strong working knowledge of PowerPoint, Workplace by Facebook (or similar enterprise social media platform), and design programs such as PhotoShop, GoAnimate or Biteable are an asset
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Mar 16, 2018, 6:55:51 PM