Business Analyst gathers, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs
of our customers. This includes interviewing users and gathering and compiling
user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the agile software
development lifecycle, testing, and training. The Business Analyst will also
create the functional and/or technical requirements, along with user interface
requirements, as needed to support business requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES &
- Interview users and review existing documentation to elicit
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business system and user needs
- Create software development lifecycle artifacts to document
business requirements, functional specifications, and deliverables.
- Monitor support tickets related to our system, and identify
process or training related issues.
- Design and deliver project artifacts, including process
workflows, mapping, business rules, wireframes, screen element specifications,
user stories, and acceptance test cases.
- Design and develop materials and system structure, forms, and
media that enhance insurance and document processes.
- Adhere to policies and procedures for the Information Technology
- Conduct end-user and administration training classes.
- Ensure users and customers are provided professional, courteous,
and timely responses and communications.
- Collaborate with systems analysts, developers, and subject
matter experts to establish the vision and analyze tradeoffs between functional
and performance needs.
- Interact with client stakeholders and SMEs facilitating
workshops and interview sessions to perform effective analysis and determine
- Perform requirement analysis and systems analysis, facilitating
design and development of software solutions
- Work collaboratively with SMEs, systems analysts, technical
teams, and project managers during the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Work both independently and as an integral member of a team
- Responsible for ensuring unique business needs are properly
translated to functional specifications
- Lead product demonstrations
- Assist with development of end-user and administration training
- Provide assistance to customers regarding systems and related
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or
related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least five years’ experience and knowledge in information
technologies, processes, software development lifecycles, and strategic
- Prior experience within the child welfare industry is preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with agile software development
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business
needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio,
Access and other Windows-based software applications.
- Skill in requirements elicitation and requirements management,
as demonstrated by experience with, and preference for, types of documentation
and requirements management tools such as JIRA
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Skill in verbal and written communication, as well as the
ability to produce presentations, and to make public presentations.
- Works ethically, and with integrity, supporting organizational
goals and values.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.